Sign in to follow this  

AGAIN ! kprc real vs FLY II vs FS2k2

1st is obviously the real right downwind for 21R at Prescott Love Field. With real AZ textures.All three highly compressed in sympathy for the bandwidth impaired.2nd is FLY II. Default has only runways. I added taxiways and buildings using TerraModels V.2 by Allen Kriesman.A fantastic program which downloads a aerial photo on which you to overlay the buildings, all windows drag and drop.3rd is default FS2k2. OK,OK, I'm trying to beat my screenshot jones. It's very hard. :-zhelpDan Pursel

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Dan,You forgot to point out the neat airport restaurant with all the hanging models (planes that is) and pictures. :-)Cap'n Tall

Hi Ed,For "you others", it's in the "main terminal" building pointed out in the FLY! II shot, windows facing to the northeast.Embry-Riddle Aero U. has about 75 planes. Rwy 21R is for normal student t & g's, and usage is very heavy.The 21R extended centerline runs through the restaurant, makes for great oncoming "closed traffic" & burgers. :9Spend an hour looking at plane models & pictures. Bring cash, they don't take credit cards.Dan Purselps: my rental place is "Skyschool". I always say"Prescott Ground, Cessna 8 niner 8 Tango Foxtrot at Skyschool with 'ATIS letter', taxi 21 Left".So an engine failure doesn't wipe out the cafe.Ground always says "8 Tango Fox, taxi 21 Right". :~P

Dan,I've tried coming over there to do my practice instrument approaches but without radar there it's not very comfortable having one set of eyes under the hood. :-(