Sign in to follow this  

Heading Bug Code for PP99

Does anyone remember what the keymap code was for the Heading Bug function in PP99 custom keymap (keyboard.ini file)? I lost my keyboard.ini file and had to make a new one but I don't remember what the function name was for Heading Bug.Thanks,Steve K.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Steve, Hope this is what you seek.How to create you own custom keymap:Create a text file called keyboard.ini in the same folder asflight.exe.At the top of the file, create a section called [default]Below that, add your own keymaps in the following format... key=functionFor keys that do not have a graphic representation, key wordsare used instead: F1, F2, ... Enter, Escape, Home, End, Insert, Delete, ... Shift, Control, Ctrl, Alt etc...for example, d=Pausewill make the 'd' key activate the pause function in the game Shiftd=Pausewill make SHIFT-d activate the pause function in the gameThese do not disable the 'p' key, it will stillwork as a pause key too. To disable it you must assign itno function like this p=NoFunctionYou can also assign multiple functions to one key ShiftAlty=Pause Slewmode FrameRatethis will pause the game, toggle the framerate counter, andput the plane in slew mode when you press SHIFT-ALT-y.to assign functions to the joystick, you must use one ofthe keynames in the second table. For example, button1=FrameRatewill make button 1 on the joystick toggle the frame ratecounter.If you wanted to include all these keymaps in a keyboard.inithe file contents would look like this: [default] d=Pause Shiftd=Pause p=NoFunction ShiftAlty=Pause Slewmode FrameRate button1=FrameRateNOTES:* The key and function names are not case sensitive: BUTTON1=PAUSE is the same as button1=pause or for that matter BuTtOn1=pAuSe* letter keys _ARE_ case sensitive: D=pause is not the same as d=pause it's actually the same as Shiftd=pause* You can modify your keyboard.ini file while the game is running. Make your changes to the file, save, and switch back to the game. It will reload your keymaps.=================================================================DEFAULT FUNCTIONS-----------------------------------------------------------------Flight Commands:'0' "ThrottleMin"VK_BACK "ThrottleMax"VK_EQUAL "ThrottleUp"VK_PRIOR "ThrottleUp"VK_NUMPAD9 "ThrottleUp"VK_MINUS "ThrottleDown"VK_NEXT "ThrottleDown"VK_NUMPAD3 "ThrottleDown"VK_DOWN "ElevatorUp"VK_NUMPAD2 "ElevatorUp"VK_UP "ElevatorDown"VK_NUMPAD8 "ElevatorDown"VK_LEFT "AileronLeft"VK_NUMPAD4 "AileronLeft"VK_CLEAR "AileronCenter"VK_NUMPAD5 "AileronCenter"VK_RIGHT "AileronRight"VK_NUMPAD6 "AileronRight"KEY_ALT|VK_LEFT "AileronTrimLeft"KEY_ALT|VK_NUMPAD4 "AileronTrimLeft"KEY_ALT|VK_RIGHT "AileronTrimRight"KEY_ALT|VK_NUMPAD6 "AileronTrimRight"VK_COMMA "RudderLeft"'L' "RudderCenter"VK_PERIOD "RudderRight"KEY_ALT|VK_COMMA "RudderTrimLeft"KEY_ALT|VK_PERIOD "RudderTrimRight"VK_FORSLASH "AutoCoordination"VK_ADD "FlapsDown"VK_SUBTRACT "FlapsUp"VK_END "TrimUp"VK_NUMPAD1 "TrimUp"VK_HOME "TrimDown"VK_NUMPAD7 "TrimDown"VK_LEFTBRACKET "GearDown"VK_RIGHTBRACKET "GearUp"'G' "ToggleGear"'N' "ApplyLeftBrake"'M' "ApplyRightBrake"'B' "ApplyBrakes"KEY_CONTROL|'B' "ToggleBrakes"KEY_ALT|'P' "ToggleParkingBrakes"VK_NUMPAD0 "PropPitchUp"VK_INSERT "PropPitchUp"VK_DELETE "PropPitchDown"VK_DECIMAL "PropPitchDown"VK_MULTIPLY "MixtureUp"VK_DIVIDE "MixtureDown"KEY_ALT|VK_ADD "IncreaseSpeedup"KEY_ALT|VK_SUBTRACT "ReduceSpeedup"KEY_ALT|VK_NUMPAD0 "PropPitchUpRight"KEY_ALT|VK_INSERT "PropPitchUpRight"KEY_ALT|VK_DELETE "PropPitchDownRight"KEY_ALT|VK_DECIMAL "PropPitchDownRight"KEY_ALT|VK_MULTIPLY "MixtureUpRight"KEY_ALT|VK_DIVIDE "MixtureDownRight"KEY_ALT|'0' "ThrottleMinRight"KEY_ALT|VK_BACK "ThrottleMaxRight"KEY_ALT|VK_EQUAL "ThrottleUpRight"KEY_ALT|VK_PRIOR "ThrottleUpRight"KEY_ALT|VK_NUMPAD9 "ThrottleUpRight"KEY_ALT|VK_MINUS "ThrottleDownRight"KEY_ALT|VK_NEXT "ThrottleDownRight"KEY_ALT|VK_NUMPAD3 "ThrottleDownRight"GPS Commands:KEY_SHIFT|VK_ADD "GPSZoomIn"KEY_SHIFT|VK_SUBTRACT "GPSZoomOut"Joystick Commands:KEY_SLEW|VKJ_BUTTON+1|KEY_REPEAT "AltJoySlew"VKJ_BUTTON+1 "CockpitView"VKJ_BUTTON+2 "SkyCamView"VKJ_BUTTON+3 |KEY_REPEAT "TrimDown"VKJ_BUTTON+4 |KEY_REPEAT "TrimUp"VKJ_BUTTON+5 |KEY_REPEAT "Brakes"VKJ_BUTTON+6 "FlapsUp"VKJ_BUTTON+7 "FlapsDown"VKJ_BUTTON+8 "Gear"VKJ_POV_BACK "LookBack"VKJ_POV_BACK_LEFT "LookBackLeft"VKJ_POV_BACK_RIGHT "LookBackRight"VKJ_POV_FORWARD "LookForward"VKJ_POV_FORWARD_LEFT "LookForwardLeft"VKJ_POV_FORWARD_RIGHT "LookForwardRight"VKJ_POV_LEFT "LookLeft"VKJ_POV_RIGHT "LookRight"KEY_SHIFT|VKJ_POV_FORWARD "MoveSkyCamUp"KEY_SHIFT|VKJ_POV_BACK "MoveSkyCamDown"Auto Pilot Commands:KEY_SHIFT|'C' "AutoPilotMaster"KEY_SHIFT|'A' "AutoPilotTrimUp"KEY_SHIFT|'Q' "AutoPilotTrimDown"KEY_SHIFT|'X' "AutoPilotMode"KEY_SHIFT|'Z' "AutoPilotAltHold"Nav Radio Commands:KEY_SHIFT|'1' "Nav1"KEY_SHIFT|'2' "Nav2"KEY_SHIFT|'3' "DME"KEY_SHIFT|'4' "ADF"KEY_SHIFT|'5' "RMI1"KEY_SHIFT|'6' "RMI2"KEY_SHIFT|'9' "OBSDown"KEY_SHIFT|'0' "OBSUp"KEY_SHIFT|VK_MINUS "NavMHzDown"KEY_SHIFT|VK_EQUAL "NavMHzUp"KEY_SHIFT|VK_LEFTBRACKET "NavKHzDown"KEY_SHIFT|VK_RIGHTBRACKET "NavKHzUp"KEY_SHIFT|'I' "ToggleIDT"KEY_SHIFT|'B' "ToggleBRG"KEY_SHIFT|'S' "NavFlipStandby"KEY_SHIFT|'T' "ToggleTimer"KEY_ALT|'1' "ToggleAudioCom1"KEY_ALT|'2' "ToggleAudioCom2"KEY_ALT|'3' "ToggleAudioNav1"KEY_ALT|'4' "ToggleAudioNav2"KEY_ALT|'5' "ToggleAudioDME"KEY_ALT|'6' "ToggleAudioMKR"KEY_ALT|'7' "ToggleAudioADF"Air Traffic Control commands:'C'|KEY_CONTROL "AtcCloseTraffic"'G'|KEY_CONTROL "AtcGoAround"'M'|KEY_CONTROL "AtcGoAround"'Q'|KEY_CONTROL "AtcCancel"'R'|KEY_CONTROL "AtcRepeat"'T'|KEY_CONTROL "AtcTouchAndGo"'A'|KEY_CONTROL "AtcNewAltitude"VK_FORSLASH|KEY_CONTROL "AtcNewRunway"KEY_ALT|VK_GRAVE "AtcAutoTaxi"Comm Radio commands:KEY_CONTROL|'1' "Comm1"KEY_CONTROL|'2' "Comm2"KEY_CONTROL|'I' "ToggleIdent"KEY_CONTROL|'V' "ToggleVFR"KEY_CONTROL|'3' "Transponder"KEY_CONTROL|'S' "CommFlipStandby"KEY_CONTROL|VK_MINUS "CommMHzDown"KEY_CONTROL|VK_EQUAL "CommMHzUp"KEY_CONTROL|VK_LEFTBRACKET "CommKHzDown"KEY_CONTROL|VK_RIGHTBRACKET "CommKHzUp"KEY_SHIFT|VK_F4 "ATCComm"KEY_ALT|'B' "CyclePCL"Panel Commands:VK_BACKSLASH "ReverseThrust"KEY_ALT|VK_BACKSLASH "ReverseThrustRight"VK_ESCAPE "RepairPlane"KEY_SHIFT|'7' "HeadingBug"KEY_SHIFT|VK_COMMA "AltimeterDown"KEY_SHIFT|VK_PERIOD "AltimeterUp"KEY_SHIFT|'E' "CycleElapseTime"VK_TAB "SwapEngineMeters"'F' "CycleFuelSwitch"KEY_ALT|'F' "CycleFuelSwitchRight"'1' "TogglePitotHeat"'2' "ToggleStrobeLight"'3' "ToggleBeaconLight"'4' "ToggleNavLight"'5' "ToggleTaxiLight"'6' "ToggleLandingLight"'7' "ToggleSpeedBrake"'8' "ToggleLeftBoost"'9' "ToggleRightBoost"'C' "ToggleCowlFlaps"'H' "ToggleCarbHeat"'T' "ToggleTemperature"'X' "ToggleAvionicPower"'Z' "ToggleBatteryPower"'O' "SetIgnitionOff"'W' "SetIgnitionLeftMag"'S' "SetIgnitionStart"'Q' "SetIgnitionRightMag"'E' "SetIgnitionBothMag"KEY_ALT|'O' "SetIgnitionOffRight"KEY_ALT|'W' "SetIgnitionLeftMagRight"KEY_ALT|'S' "SetIgnitionStartRight"KEY_ALT|'Q' "SetIgnitionRightMagRight"KEY_ALT|'E' "SetIgnitionBothMagRight"KEY_ALT|'L' "LinkLeftAndRightEquipment"KEY_ALT|'M' "ToggleMagCompass"KEY_ALT|'N' "ToggleNavOrADF"KEY_ALT|'R' "ToggleDigitalReadout"Slew Commands:KEY_SLEW|'A' "SlewMoveDown"KEY_SLEW|'Q' "SlewMoveUp"KEY_SLEW|VK_EQUAL "SlewPitchUp"KEY_SLEW|VK_MINUS "SlewPitchDown"KEY_SLEW|'0' "SlewFreezePitch"KEY_SLEW|VK_SPACE "SlewLevel"KEY_SLEW|'D' "SlewToggleText"KEY_SLEW|VK_CLEAR "SlewFreeze"KEY_SLEW|VK_NUMPAD5 "SlewFreeze"KEY_SLEW|VK_NEXT "SlewYawRight"KEY_SLEW|VK_NUMPAD3 "SlewYawRight"KEY_SLEW|VK_END "SlewYawLeft"KEY_SLEW|VK_NUMPAD1 "SlewYawLeft"KEY_SLEW|VK_UP "SlewMoveForwards"KEY_SLEW|VK_NUMPAD8 "SlewMoveForwards"KEY_SLEW|VK_DOWN "SlewMoveBackwards"KEY_SLEW|VK_NUMPAD2 "SlewMoveBackwards"KEY_SLEW|VK_RIGHT "SlewMoveRight"KEY_SLEW|VK_NUMPAD6 "SlewMoveRight"KEY_SLEW|VK_LEFT "SlewMoveLeft"KEY_SLEW|VK_NUMPAD4 "SlewMoveLeft"KEY_SLEW|VK_HOME "SlewBankLeft"KEY_SLEW|VK_NUMPAD7 "SlewBankLeft"KEY_SLEW|VK_PRIOR "SlewBankRight"KEY_SLEW|VK_NUMPAD9 "SlewBankRight"System Commands:KEY_SHIFT|'F' "Freeze"'P' "Pause"VK_PAUSE "Pause"KEY_ALT|'J' "Joystick"KEY_ALT|'K' "Keyboard"KEY_SHIFT|'R' "FrameRate"KEY_ALT|'X' "SlewMode"KEY_ALT|VK_RETURN "ToggleDirect"KEY_ALT|KEY_SHIFT|VK_RETURN "TogglePageFlipping"KEY_SHIFT|'G' "GammaUp"KEY_SHIFT|KEY_CONTROL|'G' "GammaDown"Menu commands:VK_F2 "PilotInCmd"VK_F4 "PositionMap"VK_F5 "WxBrief"VK_F6 "FlightLog"VK_F9 "AltGraphics"KEY_SHIFT|VK_F6 "PlanningSituations"KEY_ALT|VK_F2 "Restart"View Commands:VK_F7 "CockpitView"KEY_ALT|VK_F7 "SkyCamView"KEY_SHIFT|VK_F7 "TowerCamView"KEY_CONTROL|VK_F7 "PanelView"VK_F8 "ShowGPSDisplay"VK_F3 "ShowHandbook"KEY_SHIFT|VK_NUMPAD1 "LookBackLeft"KEY_SHIFT|VK_NUMPAD2 "LookBack"KEY_SHIFT|VK_NUMPAD3 "LookBackRight"KEY_SHIFT|VK_NUMPAD4 "LookLeft"KEY_SHIFT|VK_NUMPAD5 "LookDown"KEY_SHIFT|VK_NUMPAD6 "LookRight"KEY_SHIFT|VK_NUMPAD7 "LookForwardLeft"KEY_SHIFT|VK_NUMPAD8 "LookForward"KEY_SHIFT|VK_NUMPAD9 "LookForwardRight"KEY_SHIFT|VK_END "LookBackLeft"KEY_SHIFT|VK_DOWN "LookBack"KEY_SHIFT|VK_NEXT "LookBackRight"KEY_SHIFT|VK_LEFT "LookLeft"KEY_SHIFT|VK_CLEAR "LookDown"KEY_SHIFT|VK_RIGHT "LookRight"KEY_SHIFT|VK_HOME "LookForwardLeft"KEY_SHIFT|VK_UP "LookForward"KEY_SHIFT|VK_PRIOR "LookForwardRight"Other: "NoFunction"NOTES:- ToggleSpeedBrake also toggles the prop sync switch.- "NoFunction" is used to disable a default key in a user keymap.KEY NAMES-----------------------------------------------------------------KEY_SHIFT "Shift"KEY_ALT "Alt"KEY_CONTROL "Ctrl"KEY_CONTROL "Control"KEY_SLEW "Slew"VK_LBUTTON "LeftButton"VK_RBUTTON "RightButton"VK_MBUTTON "MiddleButton"VK_LBUTTON "LButton"VK_RBUTTON "RButton"VK_MBUTTON "MButton"VK_CANCEL "Cancel"VK_BACK "Back"VK_TAB "Tab"VK_CLEAR "Clear"VK_RETURN "Return"VK_RETURN "Enter"VK_PAUSE "Pause"VK_CAPITAL "Capital"VK_ESCAPE "Escape"VK_SPACE "Space"VK_PRIOR "Prior"VK_NEXT "Next"VK_END "End"VK_HOME "Home"VK_SELECT "Select"VK_SNAPSHOT "PrintScreen"VK_PRINT "Print"VK_EXECUTE "Execute"VK_SNAPSHOT "Snapshot"VK_INSERT "Insert"VK_DELETE "Delete"VK_HELP "Help"VK_LWIN "LWin"VK_LWIN "LeftWin"VK_RWIN "RWin"VK_RWIN "RightWin"VK_APPS "Apps"VK_NUMLOCK "Numlock"VK_SCROLL "Scroll"VK_NUMPAD0 "Numpad0"VK_NUMPAD1 "Numpad1"VK_NUMPAD2 "Numpad2"VK_NUMPAD3 "Numpad3"VK_NUMPAD4 "Numpad4"VK_NUMPAD5 "Numpad5"VK_NUMPAD6 "Numpad6"VK_NUMPAD7 "Numpad7"VK_NUMPAD8 "Numpad8"VK_NUMPAD9 "Numpad9"VK_MULTIPLY "Numpad*"VK_ADD "Numpad+"VK_SUBTRACT "Numpad-"VK_DECIMAL "Numpad."VK_DIVIDE "Numpad/"VK_SEPARATOR "NumpadEnter"VK_SEPARATOR "NumpadReturn"VK_NUMPAD0 "Keypad0"VK_NUMPAD1 "Keypad1"VK_NUMPAD2 "Keypad2"VK_NUMPAD3 "Keypad3"VK_NUMPAD4 "Keypad4"VK_NUMPAD5 "Keypad5"VK_NUMPAD6 "Keypad6"VK_NUMPAD7 "Keypad7"VK_NUMPAD8 "Keypad8"VK_NUMPAD9 "Keypad9"VK_MULTIPLY "Keypad*"VK_ADD "Keypad+"VK_SUBTRACT "Keypad-"VK_DECIMAL "Keypad."VK_DIVIDE "Keypad/"VK_SEPARATOR "KeypadEnter"VK_SEPARATOR "KeypadReturn"VK_MULTIPLY "Multiply"VK_ADD "Add"VK_SEPARATOR "Separator"VK_SUBTRACT "Subtract"VK_DECIMAL "Decimal"VK_DIVIDE "Divide"VK_F24 "F24"VK_F23 "F23"VK_F22 "F22"VK_F21 "F21"VK_F20 "F20"VK_F19 "F19"VK_F18 "F18"VK_F17 "F17"VK_F16 "F16"VK_F15 "F15"VK_F14 "F14"VK_F13 "F13"VK_F12 "F12"VK_F11 "F11"VK_F10 "F10"VK_F9 "F9"VK_F8 "F8"VK_F7 "F7"VK_F6 "F6"VK_F5 "F5"VK_F4 "F4"VK_F3 "F3"VK_F2 "F2"VK_F1 "F1"VKJ_BUTTON+32 "Button32"VKJ_BUTTON+31 "Button31"VKJ_BUTTON+30 "Button30"VKJ_BUTTON+29 "Button29"VKJ_BUTTON+28 "Button28"VKJ_BUTTON+27 "Button27"VKJ_BUTTON+26 "Button26"VKJ_BUTTON+25 "Button25"VKJ_BUTTON+24 "Button24"VKJ_BUTTON+23 "Button23"VKJ_BUTTON+22 "Button22"VKJ_BUTTON+21 "Button21"VKJ_BUTTON+20 "Button20"VKJ_BUTTON+19 "Button19"VKJ_BUTTON+18 "Button18"VKJ_BUTTON+17 "Button17"VKJ_BUTTON+16 "Button16"VKJ_BUTTON+15 "Button15"VKJ_BUTTON+14 "Button14"VKJ_BUTTON+13 "Button13"VKJ_BUTTON+12 "Button12"VKJ_BUTTON+11 "Button11"VKJ_BUTTON+10 "Button10"VKJ_BUTTON+9 "Button9"VKJ_BUTTON+8 "Button8"VKJ_BUTTON+7 "Button7"VKJ_BUTTON+6 "Button6"VKJ_BUTTON+5 "Button5"VKJ_BUTTON+4 "Button4"VKJ_BUTTON+3 "Button3"VKJ_BUTTON+2 "Button2"VKJ_BUTTON+1 "Button1"VKJ_POV_FORWARD_LEFT "PovForwardLeft"VKJ_POV_FORWARD_RIGHT "PovForwardRight"VKJ_POV_FORWARD "PovForward"VKJ_POV_BACK_LEFT "PovBackLeft"VKJ_POV_BACK_RIGHT "PovBackRight"VKJ_POV_BACK "PovBack"VKJ_POV_FORWARD_LEFT "PovLeftForward"VKJ_POV_BACK_LEFT "PovLeftBack"VKJ_POV_LEFT "PovLeft"VKJ_POV_FORWARD_RIGHT "PovRightForward"VKJ_POV_BACK_RIGHT "PovRightBack"VKJ_POV_RIGHT "PovRight"VK_LEFT "Left"VK_UP "Up"VK_RIGHT "Right"VK_DOWN "Down"Best regards.Luis

VERY nice work, Luis !I assume you copied this instead of typing it in. :-lolDan Pursel

Hi Luis - looks like a line is missing between the following two lines in your outstanding msg of assistance, and I don't know what it is (I'm not at home - I guess if I were a REAL Hardcore PP99 enthusiast, I would have this info with me at all times, eh ?) :>At the top of the file, create a section called >>Below that, add your own keymaps in the following format...Dave H.Fayetteville, GA

Luis:Thank you for your response. I appreciate all the effort you put into it. You apparently put in the whole contents of the keyboard.txt file in the Accessories folder of PP99. I have that already but unfortunately it does not have the name of the Heading Bug function in the listing (or at least I do not see it). I know I used to be able to activate it with a Shift 7 with some other key in front of the Shift 7. I believe I originally got the information in a previous post quite a while ago from Scott Brazell (hope I'm spelling his name correctly). Anyway, thanks again to you and the rest of you who responded to my question.Steve K.

Hi Steve,I do not use a keyboard.ini file myself, so do not really have a clue about this. I do notice the following:KEY_SHIFT|'1' "Nav1"KEY_SHIFT|'2' "Nav2"KEY_SHIFT|'3' "DME"KEY_SHIFT|'4' "ADF"KEY_SHIFT|'5' "RMI1"KEY_SHIFT|'6' "RMI2"KEY_SHIFT|'9' "OBSDown"KEY_SHIFT|'0' "OBSUp"As you can see, there is a SHIFT 1 to SHIFT 6, it skips SHIFT 7 and 8, and goes on from there. So you are probably right and it is SHIFT 7 and SHIFT 8. What exactly is the code, however, is not mentioned. Good luck.And gruss gott to you, Dave.Best regards.Luis

Luis:Thank you, thank you, thank you!I hadn't noticed that piece of code that you sent me.I already had shift 7 in my program for the heading bug but I had forgotten that once it is activated I have to use either a shift + for increasing the heading bug (clockwise) or shift _ for decreasing the heading bug (counter-clockwise).So, I will have to add another button to my program to get the heading bug to work in both directions with the buttons. I only have one button now and that only selects the heading bug but does not move it.I guess that shift 7 is the default setting for the heading bug so I really don't have to know what the code name for it is in order to get it to work.Thanks again,Steve K.

And many thanks to you, Steve, for pointing out this very handy feature. I shall certainly make use of it from now on.The code does appear in the keyboard text, later under the panel heading:Panel Commands:VK_BACKSLASH "ReverseThrust"KEY_ALT|VK_BACKSLASH "ReverseThrustRight"VK_ESCAPE "RepairPlane"KEY_SHIFT|'7' "HeadingBug"KEY_SHIFT|VK_COMMA "AltimeterDown"KEY_SHIFT|VK_PERIOD "AltimeterUp"And, of course, the missing text in the pasted documented was enclosed by the infamous square brackets that do not appear in html documents. It is simply the word "default," in case anyone is interested.Best regards.Luis

Luis:Now that you have solved my Heading Bug problem it's time to move on.I just tried the MicroWings site and what do you know! It looks like they are back. A pleasant surprise!I have been wondering what happened to them. As you probably know, for the past couple of months their website has not been working.A couple of months ago when I ordered something from Flight Sim Central and asked for my Microwings discount they told me that MicroWings was apparently gone. She and I were both surprised at that. Everyone thought they were gone for good but now it looks like they are back.I am a member but I think I have to renew so I will send them an e-mail to check my status.Regards,Steve K.

Guten Nachmittag, Luis !This ini file is a nice reminder of all the things on the user end in a flt sim - a lot !Dave H.Fayetteville, GA