Sign in to follow this  

Some groundbreaking astronomy news!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Bob:Think practical joker who is talented with explosives. Although there is a skydiver around here who is not too impressed with my skill set.Doc Bryant :-scatter

Bob,No one told us they were having skydivers bring in the game ball. We thought the B-1 flyby was it. So, at the cue, "And the rockets red glare..." we launched a red comet and two maroons. We looked up, and red comet was homing in on one of the two skydivers. He escaped. The comment around the firing line was, "Where the **** did he come from?" The reply, "De plane Boss, de plane" remained unspoken.More than a few folks have come up to me in the days following to comment on our targeting. We have another chance on the 7th of April.I bet the communications are better then too.Doc Bryant

Wow, an actual event. Definitely some downright poor communication in there somewhere. Someone should have really gotten dressed down for that one. All it takes is for one individual to screw up, and you've got the makings of a disaster. Not good.~Bob~http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif

Hi Scott, I prefer red Leicester cheese myself...lolIt's a great link and am perusing all the pictures of the day there, going back to the mid 90's, some really great stuff (bit of an amateur astronomer in my time);)CheersDave

>Hi Scott, >>I prefer red Leicester cheese myself...lol >>It's a great link and am perusing all the pictures of the >day there, going back to the mid 90's, some really great >stuff (bit of an amateur astronomer in my time);) Yeah, I forget how I came across that webpage but have been making it a visit each day for a long time now. They do have some phenomenal pictures sometimes.