Sign in to follow this  
Doc Bryant

Back from retirement

Well, it had to happen. I am un-retired. Or un-unemployed. Whatever the case may be.And I have been told to put my travelling shoes by the get a way bag at the door to Casa Doc.The Coffee Business is up and running. http://www.costadorousa.comAnd I am up to my wazoo in coffee beans! I served 150 folks at a gathering today. Considering how much coffee they drank, I would bet more than a few are still up....No more late lights and lolling about. I have meetings to attend! :~P And company paid lunches and dinners.... :-beerchug and all the officers save one smoke cigars! :-newbieNow how to finagle a trip to the AVSIM Extravaganza at Reno on the company chit? :9Doc BryantBack in the Saddle Again!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Looks very good, Doc. Great web page.I have been pining for some good Italian coffee for quite some time. But, I keep my mouth shut, as, for some strange reason, people here believe that their beans are the best. They are mistaken.Your company should extend shipping to all of the Americas.Best regards.Luis

I suppose one consequence of your being newly un-unemployed will be that there will be no more posts during working hours! LOL!Congratulations.Meekal

Meekal----Wrong!Luis, if you want it, I will ship it. Anywhere.Doc Bryant

Folks told me (when I retired at age 39) that, it wouldn't last long. A year, maybe two. That I'd get bored, stir crazy, fidgety.......(OK, the last one is inherent)......But, ya know what?....I love this stuff (retardedment)......I haven't an urge to "get back to the grind (not associated with coffee what-so-ever) yet.Perhaps it had a lot to do with "PLANNING" (GEEZ, I hate that word now) but, even a 50/50 divorce split didn't terminate my "future forecast".......True, I'm living within my means now but, hey, After 25 years of surviving paycheck to paycheck, I'm trained for it. Life is fun. Life is "unplanned",,,,,,,,life is relaxed.Even the java in the mornings don't get me going too strong now. Now, the brews....?????......Well, that's another story.......:-wink2I think I'll make a video tape/DVD........How to make $600 a month and be happy........OK,,,,,,,,get by.Maynard must require some fancy clothes because I sure can't see YOU frequenting the Men's Wharehouse......(Here, pull my fuse)Food might be an issue......2 nice size frames to feed yet, Stacker 2 is affordable.CRUD!!.....I came out of lurking mode, and look what I've done???????Pork

Oh Porrrrrrk!The Coffee job fell into my lap, so to speak. Was lolling about the club, occupying one of the red chairs (wingback leather beauties) reserved for those on destinguished (extinguished?) status.And I thought, well, I could stay home most of the time, and look at large boat brochures.Now I have help looking at the brochures, and questioning my judgement. I don't think I bargained for that. I have already palmed off some of the work. I just have to get the rest of it handed off. UPS Logistics comes to mind.Maynard may have a playmate soon. Although it will be an English Bull Terrier, I am told. Pedigreed out the ying yang, and with a pea sized brain. That might take some getting used to, for both of us! Those dogs grow up to be an 80 lb. support system for a mouth that looks like the entryway to Carlsbad caverns plus teeth.Maynard's clothing demands are simple. He prefers clothes on me, since that means a ride or a walk down the street to see how the other half lives.4 or five cups in the morning prior to lunch is de riguer here. And a few at the club before calling it a night.:+Doc Bryant

......in the morning. A 12'er of brew in the afternoons....Or is it the other way around?????.....Us NASCAR fans gotta have our brew. Only time I drift into the hard stuff is when I'm in Vegas paying the light bills (which btw, we actually do now with the new "energy surcharges" tacked onto the room bills). A "complimentary" 7 and 7 or Pina Colada go down well when you're shoving a C note over to the dealer.You will have to send me a pic of the new kid once he gets his new territory marked. Ya got any future buisness meetings planned with Mr. Valdez?Pork

Pork:Mr. Valdez's bunch are from Italy, will be meeting with them in June, and perhaps sometime in the fall (on their home turf in Italy).Also thinking about meeting another bunch of folks in Honduras sometime this year.Doc Bryant