Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lindy

O/T Sometimes computers are sooo frustrating!!

Hi all. :-wave I finally finished my federal taxes and am now officially broke! ;(8 What does that have to do with computers, you might ask. Absolutely nothing -- I just had to vent a little. :-bang (Whoever coined the phrase "land of the free" must have never had to pay federal income taxes!) BUT I am experiencing a very vexing situation with my ISP. I can get online (obviously, since I AM here) but I can't connect to my server to get (or send) my e-mail. What a revoltin' development!! :-erksI just thought I'd let off a little steam here.... since you all are my extended family. :-beerchugHere's wishing everyone a great week. :-smile12-Lindy :-spacecraft

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Lindy:As Marvin the Martian says, "Computers. They make me soooo mad, I could just pinch them!"Doc Bryant

Lindy,You are really addicted to these symbols! No need to write full sentences anymore! LOL!Meekal

Oh yeah, Meek.... I LOVE all these new little "smilies" (although some of them don't look all that friendly....) And there even appear to be a couple more new ones since yesterday! But just for you, Meek.... I didn't add any smilies to this post. hahaha-Lindy :-wave (except this one)

...since the smilies began appearing. It reflects your sweet disposition Lindy.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

>Oh brother..... :-roll ********Spoilsport!!! :-smooch-Lindy :-spacecraft

:-lolThere comes a point where a groan is deserved. That was it! Talk about over buttering that toast!!! :-halo

> :-lol >>There comes a point where a groan is deserved. That was it! >Talk about over buttering that toast!!! :-halo *********Oh.... so you're saying I don't HAVE a sweet disposition?? Hmmmm :( How about sunny? :-sun1-Lindy :-halo

Thank you, Doc. I was secretly hoping that you would nominate me for this very prestigious office.Obviously, I am highly qualified: - my smiley collection is much greater than the AvSim offering http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3cc00fd521bb13ec.gif - there are no sacred cows as far as I am concerned http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3cc0104822d8d2e9.gif - irreverence is my middle name http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3cc010e1243a359d.gifOn the other hand, I am no great friend of smileys, as I firmly believe in the power of the written word.So in this instance, oh great swamee, I bow down to your magnificence http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3cc01182255069c2.gif and propose that you be named to the post of High Handler of the Smileys.All my most humble respect.Luis

Tom,When one is in the buttering business, there is no such thing as "over buttering". LOL!Meekal

Gentlemen:I turn away for a few moments and look what happens. Hoist by my own petard.Brother Luis indeed must have a far greater collection of smiley icons. I have none. He has demonstrated, perhaps second to Lindy, a capacity to use them. I think the "no first use" doctrine, while applying to nuclear devices, does not qualify for SIC (Smiley Icon Control).We already have a worldwide despoiler of currencies and filthy lucre, so the post of Smiley Control and Coordination does not seem like much of a step for a stepper. Ergo, Brother Luis seems most appropo for the post.And to the point of buttering? Pravastatin might have to be issued to all parties concerned.Doc Bryantthis message certified as "Smiley Free" by the SIC IG office (awaiting Brother Luis to assume command status)