Sign in to follow this  
Doc Bryant

Short Final for 22 April

From Avweb's website of things aviating:While recently flying from FLL to JFK an airline captain was givenholding instructions due to congestion. After holding for quite sometime, the captain finished an exchange with a controller with an attempt to clarify his situation:Captain: Copy. Could we get an EFC [expect further clearance], please?ATC: Indefinite.Captain: ...I don't think I have the fuel for that.Doc Bryant :+(wondering if indefinite is measured in Imperial Gallons, US gallons,pounds or kilos?)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>(wondering if indefinite is measured in Imperial Gallons, US >gallons, >pounds or kilos?) Either,Kilos -- indefinite is defintely one of those abstract scientific thinggie-ma-howzits that high-falutin scientists like to use metric for in order to shut out all the non-metrical normal people. They could of course just realise that no one can really grasp infinity but that would be too simple a solution.Or, US Gallons -- he's holding over Brooklyn, after all. Who bothers with that snarky Manhattan metric yadder anyways? x(Dave H, maybe you can provide some insight? I'm not as funny as I thought I might be at this hour, analysis requested.ted oat,TedMontreal,mind like :-spam1 at the moment

Ted:Since it is indefinite, maybe it's measured in Nuff Units.As in, "I gotta nuff." Or, "I doan gotta nuff."Doc Bryant :+

:-MeekalPS See, no need to write sentences anymore........

Meekal:I think your smiley is broken. There will always be a need to write in complete sentences, if only to show one can!:+Doc Bryant

Thanks for showing what a spammed mind thinks like in the early a.m.."A spammed mind is a terrible thing to waste."Dave H.Fayetteville, GA

Yeah, that is the second one for Meekal. It certainly needs to be sent into the shop. :-)

Meekal, as pointed out by others, I think you broke one of its, er, parts. Obviously an important one me thinks. :-lol