Sign in to follow this  
Doc Bryant

Short Final for 65th Hindenburg Anniversary May 6

From Avsim's web site newsletter, comes today's short final: A pilot was flying in his C-205 with his two sons, ages 4 and 6, overthe mountains of Tennessee, bucking a strong headwind. He looked in the back and noticed the boys looking down in the valley below, where a train was also heading northwest, and they were barely gaining on it.Nothing was said.Four months later, the younger son, Brian, was called to kindergartenroundup, where the officious school psychologist was conductingevaluations. When Brian's turn came, the shrink said: "Brian, whatcolor is an apple?" Brian replied: "Are you talking about the inside orthe outside of the apple?" Perplexed, the shrink went on: "Well, Brian,which goes faster, a train or a plane?" Straight-faced, Brian replied:"Well, Doctor, it kind of depends on the headwinds."Doc BryantAnd to any shrinks out there....did you carry your lunch or come by bus? :+

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Posted only a few seconds behind Scott -- close, but no cigar.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

Hi Jerry,How close to Knoxville is East Ridge? (I know I could look it up on a map but I'm too busy in retirement to take the time).....Sans smilly.Our grand daughter is going to a basketball camp at U of T in July and we are going to visit her there for a few days. If you are near by I would enjoy meeting you. I'd even spring for lunch or dinner....still no smilly.Drop me a line at flyers@citlink.net.Ed Weber a.k.a. tallpilotNow........a smilly

I am located down by Chattanooga, just about 1 mile north of the Georgia state line. I get off interstate 75 at exit 1 to go to my place. Tell me what the date is in email and we can see if our schedules will coordinate.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.thornej@naradnetworks.com

>Tell me what the date is in email and we >can see if our schedules will coordinate. >>Jerry K. Thorne Much like the explosions heard (and witnessed) all along the western seaboard during the third annual Pro-Pilot Get-together in Las Vegas, the hills of Tennessee will Rocketh and Rumble under the duo of Tall and Bald.........Most definitely, there will be plenty of aeronautical conversation to whittle away an evening of food and libation.No talking about ME though.Pork (I lurketh the best)

Pork:You are forgetting a major rule of aviating. If you are not participating in the conversation, you might be the subject of the conversation.Doc Bryant

Very true, yet, conversing eludes to speculation (or bluntly put, "high-time to lambaste this sucker").With these two knowing my immense intellectual capacities, I'm sure a little preventative measures are in order (thank goodness, not of the latex type, this time round).Pork