Sign in to follow this  

For Pork: pic of local pig (javalina)

Thurs. we were tanker plane-spotting and went up to Spruce Mt. for a picnic and fire-watching. On the way back we drove down this residental road on the south side of Prescott, which overlooks the fire a mile further west of this shot. A bunch of TV satellite trucks were setup so the fire would be in the background of the "live at 11" reports.Three javelina crossed the road in front of us (second one in this shot is by the curb, 1st guy already over the edge)."Pigs is real smart", notice the crossing X right under the big dude in the middle of the road.I need a "I stop for pigs" bumper sticker after this. Dan PurselPS: Pork, this reminds me I hope you still have us as a stopover on your Pocono trip.http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3ce6e62f1eaa2a53.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Dan:Why not an "I barbeque Pigs" bumpersticker instead. I think I would hit them with something more substantial than a vehicle though. A 357 Magnum betwixt eye and ear might do the trick.Doc Bryant :-bang

>>PS: Pork, this reminds me I hope you still have us as a >stopover on your Pocono trip. Hi ya, Danny boy.As you know, "plans" and me don't get along. I've pretty much narrowed things down to, that we will be RETURNING via I40 however, time will be quite the issue then, as I must be back here 5 days after The Brickyard 400.I've yet to nail down a departure date and route yet. Trust me, I'm trying to.How much notification do you need?.....I'd like to make it a quality visit. Not a "Hi, let's do lunch, Bye" thing (which, we WILL do at least).Ya sure that fire pic wasn't Meteor Crater?????I'll shoot you mails as trip stuff unfolds.Pork (I always utilize cross-walks)

> As you know, "plans" and me don't get along.I'm with you. Just ask my wife. A world-class planner hitched to a world-class procrastinator for 38 years. :-lol> How much notification do you need?If you call/message the day before I'll be sure to be here assuming I'm in the state.If you call from Ash Fork (I40 exit for AZ 89 south to Chino Valley) I get an hour's notice.If you call from the nearest pavement I get at least five minutes notice (requires a cell phone).I will require information to stock the proper liquids. :)> .....I'd like to make it a quality visit. Not a "Hi, let's do lunch, Bye" thing (which, we WILL do at least).Whatever you can manage will be enjoyable.And, the trip from Chino Valley to Prescott to Wickenburg to San Diego is a definite memory generator. Dan Pursel

Hey Porkster,If you copy me in to your arrival plans for Prescott I'll try and pop over in Big Red if I'm in town. We're going to be back in Tennessee the 3rd of July until the 18th.I've been doing the annual on the bird this week and today I guy flipped a cessna 206 on it's back along side the runway while landing. Nobody hurt but the airplane didn't fare to well. :-(I guese nobody ever told him to keep the blue side up.:-lolCap'n Tall

>Hey Porkster, >If you copy me in to your arrival plans for Prescott I'll try and pop over in Big Red if I'm in town.> We're going to be back in Tennessee the 3rd of July until the 18th. Hi Ed,This would be great. I keep promising myself to "popover" to Lake H. to see you and Big Red and take you up on your generous offer for a flight, but, great procrastinators have to keep proving their greatness. :-lolDan Pursel

I dunno Dan......Do we REALLY want the tall goofy one, and his Big Red playtoy barging in and flying over the skies of your home town?????......I wonder if he could convert that thing to carry some boraid......hmmmmm.The three of us together in one setting????.....An interesting dilemna, indeed. We must wear shorts.........Will he bring Sharon from the Havasu Pig-n-Swig?????.....We just might have to let him.Next thing ya know, the "strict" one from Va. will want a piece of this action........tee hee.Pork

Sounds like you guys are going to have a hot summer.Captain Tall,What part of Tennessee are coming to visit in July? I am down in the Chattanooga area you know...I have been known to fly a rented 172 up Knoxville way, etc.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

Hi Jerry,We are going to be staying in Knoxville. Our grandaughter is going to a Pat Sumitt basketball camp at UT. We'll be driving over there from Memphis with them on July 5th. The camp runs from the 6th thru the 9th and we'll be driving back to Melvis on the 10th. My son is arranging the hotel reservations and I'll let you know where we'll be.Hope it works out and that we can meet.Ed Weber a.k.a tallpilot

Maybe the weather will work out and I could fly up there in a 172 to Knoxville downtown airport. I have been to the commercial airport TYS and had lunch at a restaurant about a mile from the FBO, Cherokee Aviation. They were really nice and loaned me their car for myself and two friends that day. We had been over in the Smoky Mountains last fall checking out the early fall colors.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

That sounds great Jerry,I'll drop you a line when I know where we're staying in Knoxville.Ed

Attn: Capn' Tall and Flight Attendant Pursel.......(what a way to soften an initial meeting).......YOU'VE GOT MAIL...........Pork

>YOU'VE GOT MAIL........... Hi Pork, yes I do. Thank you, and I finally responded.There is just no excuse for not turning on your computer for three days in a row.Except, I already told you I was a world-class procrastinator. :-dohHere's to the get-together. :-beerchugDan

Hi Dan,I responded to the Porkman also and was going to CC you but found I didn't have your e-mail address. Basically I told him that time frame worked great with me and that the only thing that would keep me and Big Red from PRC is thunderstorms.Ed Weber a.k.a tallpilotflyers@citlink.net

6 times on "Speed, The Ride" in Vegas, and you're afraid of a little cumulous nimbulous?????......phooey.......*:-*Pork

afraid of a little cumulous nimbulous??????That's why I be the Captain and you be the Co-Captain.....I've got GOOD sense. :-)Cap'n Tall

>afraid of a little cumulous nimbulous?????? >>That's why I be the Captain and you be the >Co-Captain.....I've got GOOD sense. :-) >You can say that again! :-lol

Aside from the unfortunate incident in Western Pennsylvania recently, you do not hear of amusement park rides coming to pieces in Cumulonimbus clouds. So if the Tall One desires to skirt around them, or stay on terra firma till they blow over, I would trust his judgement anyday. Keep me away from the bold pilots.Doc Bryant

> I told him that time frame worked great with me> and that the only thing that would keep me and Big Red from PRC is thunderstorms. Hi Ed, sounds great."You Have Mail" with details.Dan

Learning to fly in Florida, I had to dodge quite a few of those towering clouds. I learned what a safe distance was the day I noticed altitude increasing with wings and nose level. A quick 30-degree dive and bank to the right away from that one put more respect and distance between me and that one.In the mountains of East Tennessee and North Georgia, I have learned a new respect for windy days and mountain waves, etc.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

>Learning to fly in Florida, I had to dodge quite a few of >those towering clouds.>Jerry K. Thorne I can remember you dodging some nice ones on the way to lunch one particular racing weekend in 2000. I also remember you were quite hurried to head towards home........Pork

Such was life flying in the "Sunshine State". It is different here in the foot hills of the Appalachian Mountains of North Georgia, East Tennessee, and Western North Carolina.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

Sign in to follow this