Sign in to follow this  
Guest cornclose

A little request to keep my apetite wetted...

Could any kind soul post some screenshots of PP99 please ? They seem to be as rare as rocking horse #### on the net.I'm getting deprival symptoms already.... :-lolChris Ehttp://website.lineone.net/~flightsimukAvoid AGP texturing = Better Performance ;)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Here's one that may still be floating around the web.Taltos

No, no enhancements other then the obvious high quality jet image.The image was part of PP99 themepack posted when the sim was initially released. I'm pretty sure all the background images were undoctored 3dfx screencaptures. A couple of the images also appear on the purple box.Taltos

Dag Taltos,I have a confession to make: I've been flying PP all this time with stinky 2D graphics, no voodoo card (though I was engaged to a Haitian woman until January:) ). Looking at the pictures and thinking about it, I think I might just go get one of those to add to my super duper ATI Rage card.... No, I'm not a salesman, I just never thought I cared that much. Maybe I need to do more to keep busy around here.:-badteeth tedCYHU Montr

Yeah, there's a pretty big difference between the software only and Glide versions of PP99.Ever since 3DFX Interactive went belly up last year, the price of Voodoo cards has fallen substantially. They're under 50 bucks now on eBay and Yahoo. 'Course, then the problem is getting the right up-to-date drivers and finding installation support if needed (ie. don't bother if you have WinXP).Taltos