Sign in to follow this  
Guest cornclose

CHProducts Combo Driver...

Could anyone tell me if they have the CH Combo driver to allow rudder pedals to be used in legacy games ?I thought I had it somewhere, but I have not. It appears not to be on the CH site anymore.ThanksProPilot 99 :-newbieChris Ehttp://website.lineone.net/~flightsimukAvoid AGP texturing = Better Performance ;)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Chris.... just what is this CH Combo Driver? I've used my CH rudder pedals (plain vanilla kind... no toe brakes) with PP99 and every other flight sim I have, and they work fine. Is this maybe a driver for the fancy rudder pedals (the kind WITH toe brakes)? ;-) Let us know when you get your copy of PP99. I'll be anxious to get your opinion of the program -- after you've had a chance to get used to it, of course.-Lindy :-wave

Hi Lindy,The combo driver (if my memory serves me right) allows the CH rudder pedals to act as the 4th axis on an otherwise standard 3 axis (X,Y,Z) joystick, so that legacy stuff that only supports one game controller (4 axis maximum) could use the rudder pedals. So you would end up with Windows thinking you had one controller made out of two.My pedals have the toe brakes also, so they are a two axis controller.I downloaded the driver when it was first released, as I thought it may be useful, but never used it because I was not using legacy games at that time. Now I though I would need the driver with PP99 as mentioned by another forum user (was it Dan P), but as I am not at home at the moment, and I am not sure if I erased the driver download, I thought I would just go grab it again, but its not on the CH site any more....Anyone know if I actually really need it ??Chris Ehttp://website.lineone.net/~flightsimukAvoid AGP texturing = Better Performance ;)

>Chris.... just what is this CH Combo Driver? << skip, skip >>>Is this maybe a driver for the fancy rudder pedals (the kind WITH toe brakes)? ;-) Hi Lindy, nope, it's the deal needed for USB yokes and USB pedals, which Windows normally sees as two joysticks.Newer sims support two joysticks, but older "legacy" folks (PP99) don't, so you can't use the rudder without the Combo Driver, or the newer Control Manager mentioned here (new to me too).If you have the "old" gameport style pedals, either the regular pedals or the Pro (swiveling, with toe brakes) pedals work fine with the y-connector used with a joystick or yoke, both for old or new sims.This USB deal is called "progress". ;)Dan