Sign in to follow this  

HAVE looked,read manuals REPEATEDLY, but don't know,PLZ

I enjoy my PP99,but being a NON technical person I have REPEATEDLY RE READ the manual-booklet & the "Quick Referance" but can't seem to gind excatly what i am looking for, PLEASE HELP IF U CAN,using a keyboard,not joystick,#1, PLZ, how do you start,shut down(multiple) the engines 1 at a time??#2, WHEN on approach, even though I line up with the runway and begin a decent,ALMOST EVERYTIME, the aircraft start turning slightly left or right, like the plane is trying to land with its nose at about 11 o'clock position,or 1 o'clock position first,it is frustrating trying to land the plane kind of sideways,#3 Lasyly Is there a way to let the "teacher" do all the work so that u can be a passenger,?? thank U again,TB199

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi TB199,Interesting questions. 1 -- Unfortunately, I'm not sure about too many keyboard commands -- I use the mouse to shut down engines. Hit to unlink the engines, then use the mouse to pull one mixture lever either left or right all the way back toward you to cut it off. You could just use Alt + L then use the keyboard command to pull the mixture out.2 -- I had an interesting and unlikely idea. You sound pretty precise as a writer; is it possible that you're flying slightly below the best approach speed or near stall speed, and letting the aircraft p-effect (the tendency of the propellor to pull the aircraft to one side, into a slip) take over? Doesn't sound very likely, but it was all I could think of. At a certain (lack of) speed in each aircraft the rudder will lose effect, and I guess if you kept the plane in that configuration you would start slipping. Which suggests, try adding 5 or 10 knots on approach until touchdown, or look up the approach speed. Or better yet, are you using any rudder at all on landing? Dumb question, but sometimes it's the little stuff that gets you....3 -- Disc number 1 has all the tutorials obviously but I don't think there's a way to have the co-pilot do everything for you. Just an autopilot.Tedhttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d1bc1cb5a154551.gifCYHU Montr