Sign in to follow this  
Guest dfoulk

flight models in europe patch

Does someone know if there is a big difference in the flight models of PP99 between the last regular patch for PP99 and the monster Europepatch? Am I correct that the Europe patch included changes to the flight models, or am I way off slope with all of this?Mucho thanks,Den

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The Europe patch included the physics changes, and there was also a free standing patch for those that did not want to install the Europe scenery files/patch.Download either the stand alone patch, or the European one. You will be happy you did. As I recall it fixed some fuel consumption issues in addition to making the aircraft flight characteristics more representative of the real world article.Assuredly Meekal can explain it all better than I. I am sure he will pop in here and set you right (and me too).In the files section of AVSIM, there are some patches for PP 99. These do not work on PP98. Note the European scenery patches, which are whackingly large files, and take eons to download if you have a pair of juice cans and a string for connection to the internet. The patch 1.03 is a stand alone patch that upgrades patch 1.02. I would think one could download 1.02 and 1.03. Then install 1.02 and patch the patch with 1.03. Somewhere in the deep dark recesses of my cranium something tells me 1.03 might possibly be the only one you would need if Europe flights were not your kettle of fish.Download the Euro files and enjoy better graphics than the US graphics. The Euro files could be seen as a stepping stone on the patch to PP2000 (the What could be done with PP99) had that lot decided not to concentrate on fishing simulations.The only way I would ever buy a fishing sim program for my computer is if one could take a fistful of Alfred Nobel's finest along instead of a Hula Popper or plastic worms.Doc Bryant :+Doc Bryant

Den, if my memory doesn't fail me. There was the 1.03 patch that was pretty small and took care of some fuel calculation issues, flight model issues, etc. The big Europe scenery update included the 1.03 patch but other than that was just updates to the scenery throughout Europe. I say "just" but the update is worth getting if you are willing to download it. If 90meg is too much to bother with for you, you can take care of critical updates with just the 1.03 patch. Also, all patches for PP99 are available here at AVSIM.Scratch that last thought, the 90meg European update still doesn't download correctly from here, so you'll have to get it from the Sierra FTP server here:ftp://ftp.sierra.com/pub/patches/pc/Scroll down the list looking for "pp9913sn.exe" then the 9 files following it that are similarly named.

Meekal,I was relying on you to remember it better than I. My only explanation could be that I have but one flight sim on my computer. So never can get mixed up on how the other fellows make do.Then again, there is explanation number two, which I tell the underlings when they attempt something they should not have, "Fat, not stupid!"Doc Bryant :+