Sign in to follow this  

Where have all the Gauges gone?

Dear All,I have had a year's experience with installing add-on panels and gauges from all you designers. My thanks go out to you all for your time and patience in making the panels and also my simming experience so much more varied and enjoyable.Recently though several panels that I have installed have had missing gauges (these panels do not rely upon you already having Shareware gauges). When I am copying and pasting the gauges to the Main FS2002 gauges folder am I to overwrite all, or, do I select 'No' to each overwrite? Some authors say 'Overwrite all' and others don't - some do not say either way. If I overwrite or not (due to an author not stating), could this be the reason as to why some gauges are blank? If so, what is the best or safest option if no advice is given in the 'Readme' file. Would GauCleaner ensure all panels are present and correct?Any help and advice is always appreciated.Cheers,Matt

Guest UweR

Hi Matt, I guess the main reason for gauges not showing up is the FS2002 Pro vs. Standard drama (a classic are the Monney and King Air gauges), closely followed by erratic packaging (happened to me as well) and unread readme files (those who are without fault throw...). I don

A personal view Matt.I get annoyed when told to overwrite an existing gauge because you have no idea how it might affect another panel you have or even a default panel.Also a number of times I have checked the file properties and found the size of the file the same and the date stamp only a few minutes different, so what actual change to the gauge?I have 2 solutions to the problem.1) Ditch the panel 'cos I don't want to overwrite existing gauges (rather drastic action)2)Make a seperate folder under 'gauges', name it the same as the panel and put any 'overwrite' gauges in this folder. You then have to go through the panel.cfg file and modify the path to the gauges in this new folder. Not an elegant solution but at least you keep both new and existing gauges.Rgds

I agree, I really don't know why some panel developers don't simply give their new gauges another name, instead of asking you to overwrite the stock gauges.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Guys!Just keep it simple! Never overwrite a newer gauge when asked while you transfer and you will never run into any problems! Also do not worry about having a lot of gauges in the gauge folder it will not slow your system "at least I can not tell any difference in performance when I tried a gauge cleaner". I would not worry about gauge cleaners because if you are not positive what you are deletingyou could cause yourself a lot of grief!!! IMHOWayne