Sign in to follow this  
Jerry_K_Thorne

Oshkosh is coming! Are you going?

OK, let's get a good thread going! Anybody going to Oshkosh for the big event this month? I have cashed in some Delta Frequent Flyer miles and will be there for the two weekend days on July 27th and 28th. I am flying into Milwaukee on Friday afternoon and will be staying there and commuting the 80 miles or so from the NW side of Milwaukee to the OSH event on Saturday and Sunday.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

'Fraid not for me. That weekend, I'll be in Pocono at the NASCAR race -- my first one. Maybe someday though (for Oshkosh).-Lindy :-wave

Jerry:I have to be minding the business whilst the powers that be are cavorting in Las Vegas at the RTDA show, so I shall give Oshkosh a miss. Always liked their jumpers though. :+Doc Bryant

> ... going to Oshkosh .... for the big event this month? << skip >> ... will be there for the two weekend days on July 27th and 28th. Hi Jerry, gotta go sometime, but this year I'll think of you while golfing in Pagosa Springs, CO with my brother.My flying buddy George of "Sedona red rock fame" is going -- he's selecting a 3-axis ultralight kit to go with his C172.Figures Oshkosh was the best place to evaluate a bunch at once. Makes me jealous.We side tripped the EAA Museum while at an Indy car race at Road America across the lake,but wasn't during "THE Oshkosh" week. Dan

It sounds good, but I prefer to read about it in the magazines. It is already much too hot here in the tropics and I find it indecent that it should be even hotter anywhere else, especially in cold latitudes like Oshkosh.Jerry, you must have enought frequent flyer miles to go around the world many times. Have you ever calculated just how far you could go?Best regards.LuisWise old Hindu saying: "Life is but an illusion. Only air conditioning is real."

Gosh darn it, no. On the 20th, going to watch my CFI get married in Auburn, AL, then drive with my family to the Gulf Coast the next day for a week on the beach. Maybe next year.Dave H.

Jerry,You sure have been busy!I have another commitment, so I will not make it.Nice to communicate with you again,BillThis was edited because my signature was not automatically entered.Scott,I know why and have made the necessary change.

I see someone else views weddings as a spectator sport. Much like bullfighting in slow motion. The pagentry, the finery, ceremony, and some one gets gored.Doc Bryant

As of this moment in time, I have 423,806 miles in my Delta account. A round-the-world business elite (aka First Class to many folks) ticket can be had for 220,000 miles. It allows SIX stopovers enroute with up to three on any continent. A round trip in the USA is 40,000 for first class. Since Milwaukee is short flights for me to Cincinnati then to MKE, I only took a coach seat for 25,000 miles. Besides, there is only one class of service from CHA to CVG (Cincinnati) on the CRJ-50 Regional Jet with Comair. Delta runs an MD-88 on the run from CVG to MKE. I was on one of those this morning from BOS to CVG coming home today -- First Class of course! When you reach Platinum status, the perks are great. I now have 72 paid flight segments for this calendar year. I will pick up another four next week. 100 is the magic number to make Platinum level again. I had 105 flight segments last year.I have four free flight segments this year so far. The trip to OSH via MKE will add four more free ones. And no, I can't get any credit for the freebies against the 100 for Platinum status.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

sigh,Someday, Jerry, someday! Starting a new job on the 1st and going canoeing among the blackflies and forest fires in middle-north Quebec in the meanwhile, next week. African music festival in town, too. Lots to do here...but no aviation. I'm puzzled that we never have aviation events in the Montreal area -- everyone else seems to have a conference here.happy frequent flying,tedCYHU Montr

>I see someone else views weddings as a spectator sport. >Much like bullfighting in slow motion. The pagentry, the >finery, ceremony, and some one gets gored. >>>Doc Bryant I always like checking in and busting a gut so to speak. :-)

Jerry, wish I was. In fact, I'd love to go every year. Made a drive up 3 years ago and didn't have near the time that I would have liked to spend. I have decided though, the next time I go, I think I'm going to try the entire duration.

Scott:You should check in more often then. We aim to please.Doc Bryant :+

Sign in to follow this