Sign in to follow this  

panel question

hello all;was wondering if it is possable to extract the panel in propilot and import it to another aircraft.. (example: fs2002 or fly)and how do you take screen shots with propilot.. when i tried print screen key it just gave a black 640*480 screen in mspaint or paintshop pro, and adobe..any hints will be appricated.. and lastly is there a way to change the graphics in propilot to a opengl base...as the graphics in propilot are now looking old.. is there any new mod or upgrade that is being created to do this. and whats the stats of propilot "3" 3rd version.. not much talk these days??laterboygenius

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Welcome, bg ! I'll tackle question number 2 :>and how do you take screen shots with propilot.. when i >tried print screen key it just gave a black 640*480 screen >in mspaint or paintshop pro, and adobe.. Taking a Picture : CTRL + P -- Only works in the 3D mode (only available using a 3dfx/Glide video card, such as Voodoo 1, Voodoo 2, -3, -4, or -5). Press and release the P quickly, or else you'll take a few pictures instead of just one. They'll be ".BMP's" in the "Flight" subdirectory --> ...ProPilot99Flight .Also, Frame Rate : SHIFT + R (appears in the upper right corner of the screen).Dave H.Fayetteville, GA

Re the status of ProPilot. As of this time, there will be no further development of the ProPilot series. For a while, it looked as if a new version would be released in the future, but apparently that will not come to pass any time soon. Too bad..... it had a lot of potential. -Lindy :-wave

It would be possible to take a screen shot of pro pilot's panel-put it in a program like fs panel studio and place fs2002 gauges over the pro pilot ones. However, there would be the issue of copyright-even though the product is defunct I believe the rights are still owned.http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/Geofdog2.gif

Let em try to hunt you down for that one.Think of the wonderous headlines, "defunct software title rises again to haunt the little guy" Uh huh.If you were doing something with a living breathing software company, and it could possibly deprive one of the dotcom millionaires from purchasing his next Burger Yacht, I could see the problems. But in this case, unless you found a way to attract someone's attention by making money from your enterprise, I would say your chances of repercussion are nil.If you have a way to do it, and you have the will to do it, I would do it. This one ranks right up there with tugging the tags off the upholstry.If this post ignites flames from the software guys concened, so be it. Show me some good faith action on your part why I/we should not feel free to putz around with the code on our home machines in a not for profit setting. And then tell me, with a straight face, how you intend to enforce your actions without getting absolutely hammered in The Register or other places of note.Doc Bryant

Geof:There are two different issues here.Issue 1:Taking some component of software existing, but unsupported by Company S, and stuffing it into software existing, and semi supported by Bug Corp Software company (the choice of names are for example purposes only).Issue 2:Does the beta agreement still hold?Whether it does or does not, the group here feels that they will not violate it.Question is really, will he get whacked by a phalanx of lawyers if he inserts PP code into another sim package? While it might be considered in violation of some use agreement he has in effect agreed to by installing the software, again, my point is that the chances of his actions being discovered are between slim and none if he keeps his yap shut. For the most part, the legal types are concerned with businesses that produce wonderous cash streams like tobacco companies, oil companies, car manufacturers and the like. You don't see a few $500 per hour house lawyers get wheeled out for some guy from Nitwit Flats, Nebraska just for piddling around with something that never ventures outside his home computer. There is not enough money there to pay to resole their Bally loafers. Not to mention enough to cover a round of Wednesday afternoon shooters at the Club.The existing PP99 code has been deciphered and amended by parties here in the forum. So far as I know, they have not been set upon by attache case toting legal types, hell bent on exacting revenge.The fact that modifications have been made, and have not been the subject of sanction, leads me to believe that who ever would find themselves injured by actions similar to above would have a rather tough row to hoe in court justifying his injuries.And while we ponder the above, lets just for a moment wonder, who currently owns the rights to PP and it's successors? We have heard little of the various law suits and counter suits that were flitting about like autumn leaves in a whirlwind.Doc Bryant

Nitwit Flats, Nebraska ???Haven't heard of "that" quaint little town. Must be so small it has the town's name on both sides of the sign. And their McDonalds' sign says "Over 3 Hamburgers Sold".I have, however, heard of Broken Bow, Lodgepole and Valentine.Dave H.Fayetteville, GA

My nomination for best small town name goes to...Bucksnort, TennesseeDan

You are missing:Blue Ball, Pa.Bird In Hand, Pa.Gum Stump, Pa.Intercourse, Pa.and not far from there.....Pleasant Gap, Pa.There was a town named "Boogersburg" in Pennsylvania, but alas, it is no more. However, the University Park Airport, which serves the Pennsylvania State University, is on Boogersburg Road.Doc Bryant

At my old stomping grounds, in southwest Montana, two landmarks are named "Bloody Dick Peak" and "Bloody Dick Lake." You can find 'em on a good highway map or atlas - about 10 miles west of Dillon, and not too far from Woody Mountain and Big Hole Pass. :-sae :-hah Dan

And a few miles down the road, well past Muleshoe, Sudan, Farwell, Bovina, and Texico, there be.....Squaw itt Peak Ranch. A truly must see place.Doc BryantThere, see if that passes the censors. It's an anagram.

That censored item was featured in a Harold Robbins novel turned movie. It had belonged to the Indian mother of the George Peppard character. It was converted into a tobacco pouch by the villain who killed the Indian mother.As for other place names of note in this area of the South:Cusseta, Georgia (CUSS-EAT-UH)Resaca, GA (REE-SACK-UH)Rocky Face, GACumming, GADacula, GA (dah-kew-la, not Dracula)Lax, GASnellville, GARising Fawn, GAFlintstone, GA (no Barney and Fred do not live there)Crane Eater, GASnapfinger, GAAnd in Jawja, it is called HOUSE-tun county (Houston) and House-ton Street in Atlanta. Most everyone thinks of the big town in Texas, HUES-ton.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.