Sign in to follow this  

Photos of new toy taken with new toy

"New" 1983 Jeep CJ-7 for forest & mountain exploring that I bought from my flying buddy George.I added $1300 worth of wheels & tires. All to save my wife's Geo Tracker from rock-bashing.Taken with new Nikon Coolpix 2500, 3x glass, 4x digital zoom. Next is some "good" plane and flying photos.Since the Nat'l Forest has reopened due to monsoons, we're going to take our "Greenie" friend couple out to explore three of the Verde River riparian areas. He's convinced cattle have destroyed them. But, he's never been there. He's going by what he's read of the evils of cattle ranching. I think they look ok. Plus, maybe I'll convince them rock-crawling in a air-conditioned Jeep is better than hiking 30 miles in 95 degree heat (or, maybe not). In any case, they're nice people, and it'll be fun.Next Friday heading to Pagosa Springs, CO to meet my brother for a week of golf and/or 4-wheeling.Then back for the Pork and TallPilot get-together. DanThat's Sally, our Lab mix.http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d3c83903b6ad285.jpgI have a siphon bulb and tube setup to directly transfer jerrycan gas to the tank.http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d3c840d3cab7856.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

"I have a siphon bulb and tube setup to directly transfer jerrycan gas to the tank."Dan,That's called an "Oklahoma Credit Card." Regarding the Jeep, I just bought something slightly larger for the same purpose. A friend had some cash flow issues (he probably invested in country's currencies that Meekal exercised his oversight authority upon, but none of that here...) so I helped him out by purchasing one of his motor vehicles Friday. I now own a 1952 vintage Dodge M37 military 3/4 ton truck. It will take a bit of time to restore it to it's proper appearance and order.When it looks much better I shall post a picture.Doc Bryant

The pictures look great, Dan. Very clear and nice colors.But, just what is Doc going to do with an old military truck?Best regards.Luis

Maybe invade "Lower Texas" (Mexico)using large quantities of pyrotechnics.:-lolCap'n Tall

Pyro did figure into it. I do not really know why I bought it. It seemed like the thing to do at the time. I will probably have a different opinion after I wade into the project.Primarily, I thought it would just be a hoot to have one of these to drive about town in. Towering over SUV's driven by cell phone eared Junior Leaguers. And although not as much of a hoot as an eight wheeled armored car, enough to satisfy me.Now to get a replica M-2 50 cal machine gun for the passenger to fiddle with as I drive. We shall see who cuts me off in the market car park.Doc Bryant

Jerry:Was told last night that I could probably get an M-2 machine gun. Then again, it will be more than my restored truck will be worth, LOL.Doc Bryant