Sign in to follow this  

A question about Mike Stone's A320

;-) ... if only Mike could read these lines ;-)I have been trying for a way to paint the Mike Stone's A320s with reflective textures. I know Garry Smith released a model which supported these new textures. Does anybody know how to make the non-reflective textures compatible with the other model so that only adding the alpha channel to the textures of Mike Stone's A320s , these will show with reflections?.:-( ...in case there is a way... perhaps it can't be done. :-(By the way, does anybody like my new signature... I just began yesterday, and I think I am beginning to learn soon... Thanks.

Hmmmmm......let me see if I can if I can read your message.....YES....YES.....English, I got it, I got it! :-)The A320 was my first GMAX project and I was still very much in the learning curve. I hadn't yet figured out how to enable reflective textures. Not to mention that the video board I had at the time didn't even support them. With Garry's help (and a new video card) I managed to update the model. I considered updating my release file, but then all of the dozens of existing repaints wouldn't work with it. So we simply made the reflective enabled version of the model available on Garry's web site for those who wish to use it. You can get it there.....http://www.gjsmith.com/fs2002All of my newer releases are reflective enabled by default.Mike Stone

Thanks Mike and sorry for my English. You can see in my signature where I am from... Perhaps I used too long sentences as we do in Spanish, didn't I? ;-)Then, all I have to do is getting Garry's model and apply the textures to it. The problem is that the air and mdl are different (one is called A320 and the other is A320-200 or something like that). Are the textures full compatible between the models? If so, I will try this evening (european time) at home and see what happens. By the way, it seems most people relasing repaints of your planes are not using the 'reflective model' and making non-reflective repaints. Do you know why?.Finally, thanks for your help and your planes.. the ERJ145's are superb!!! :-eek

I know why I do not repaint "reflective"I do not like reflective Ai at all ,If you taxiing along the taxiway ,you come accross a "reflective"L1011 from American Airlines and suddenly you realise oh Merde I have not brushed my hair this morning and my makeup is a mess "oh how i wish I had never used "reflective" textures ,so to avoid this travesty I NEVER use them .Anniette xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Typical woman!!!! Us guys just suck in the belly and admire the view of being a stud! :-lol

Relax, I was joking about your English. It's a LOT better than my Spanish would be (or any other language for that matter). :-)Mike Stone