Sign in to follow this  
Guest cornclose

Public thankyou for tallpilot....

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Chris,I'm glad I could help out. If you find a way to work with PP99 and need more picture, just let me know.Best Regards,Ed Weber a.k.a. Tallpilot/Cap'n Tall :-)

Chris,Anything to infuse fresh enthusiasm into PP99 will be most welcome and sought after.Meekal

Boy, am I enthusiastic!!I became enthusiastic because of the following :-1. PP99 has excellent graphics in 3dfx mode, and I have a Voodoo5 card.2. It gives great consistent frame rates on a low end system like my old k6-2 550 with 256mb and the V5.3. It was cheap.4. Everyone who I asked that owned it recommended it....but then my old motherboard broke. So I had to buy a new one, which meant buying a new CPU, case and memory. Now I have a Athlon XP 1800+ with 768mb and the same Voodoo5 (and Geforce2 GTS) graphics cards, with an IBM DeskStar ATA100 HDD (amongst other things). So when I get my Voodoo working (it's been a bit traumatic) I will be in for a treat in terms of frame rate.Also, every other sim I have (which is about every other sim in existance) will also run much better.Personally, I like a sim which does not drop below, say, 30 fps EVER. So PP99 will still get used a lot even on my new system.RegardsChris Ehttp://website.lineone.net/~flightsimukAvoid AGP texturing = Better Performance ;)

Hi PP gang! I'm the "Hans" being referred to. I just imported Ed's front right quarter view into Flight Unlimited and put a screenshot in my "Moving some pixels" thread on the FU forum. In retrospect I'll never again attempt to create a cockpit based on odd images from "plane for sale" sites and plain old guesswork. With Ed's images the guesswork is out of the equation and I get the proportions and the angles right. I've been playing with Baron bitmaps for a year now and I never got it right. I see now that I made the cabin too wide. It takes a flightsimmer who knows what views we need to take the photographs and it takes a pilot to provide a real cockpit. Luckily, with Ed we got both in one person :-)I hope that Cornlose (Chris) will make a nice cockpit for the PP version!best regardsHans Petter

Flight simming folk are sooooo accommodating and helpful.I looked over your Baron cockpit. I see dual yokes. Does this mean that Ed has finally converted Big Red to a dual yoke plane?? If so, WONDERFUL! (whispers-- but don't tell Pork who'll be doing loops in Big Red the next time he's in the seat. ) :-lol -Lindy :-wave

Lindy, it's that Flight Unlimited guy visiting again :-)If you see dual yokes you're looking at my previous Baron cockpit. The top of the thread has some of the "before shots". Then Cornclose / Chris entered and invited Ed to supply some images. Thus, the last posts of that thread will show the "after shots" -- after Ed put me right, that is.I've added an image of the left front quarter view, playing with ways to make that plastic translucent or semi-transparent. Some dithering with transparent (green in the case of FU) seemed to do the trick. I've since perfected it, extending the dithering a bit and "opening it up" in the middle. Presently I'm working on the left view. best regards,Hans Petter