Sign in to follow this  
Jerry_K_Thorne

ETC Pro Trainer Available Fall 2002

I got to the ETC Interactive booth just as they were breaking for lunch today. I will have another visit on Sunday. I got a brochure but the guy dashed away before I could ask about a price for the software. I will type in the text contents of the brochure below my signature block. It is a single color sheet printed on both sides. Near the top right side is a picture which could be the cover of the box or manual (my guess). Near the center of the front page is a larger color pix which is definitely on the ramp at SLC, and shows the panel of a light twin with N5801 on the dash. The color pix on the back side shows a full-screen view of scenery with a lake, mountain, and haze on the horizon and those lovely clouds and sun effects we have seen in PP99.The Citation Jet is not in the program. Certified hardware could mean aircraft-style control panels that connect to the personal computer (my guess).The words "Pro Trainer" in the text below have the trademark symbol by them everywhere they occur in the original printed data sheet.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.ETC Pro TrainerAvailable Fall 2002info@etc-interactive.comETC Pro TrainerETC Pro Trainer is the next generation in personal, PCATD, and FTD instrument training. Pro Trainer introduces an integrated training suite emphasizing 3D approach visualization with playback, customizable flight profile generation, and support of multiple certified hardware platforms. Pro Trainer offers interactive ATC and accelerated graphics, generating realism in weather, terrain, and virtual traffic, to provide a realistic IFR environment where you are "Always cleared for takeoff."ConfigurationsPro Trainer includes a variety of popular training aircraft, from the fixed-prop, single engine Skyhawk thru the multiengine Seminole and Baron light-twins. You can fly all of these great aircraft on your choice of certified hardware, or on the desktop setup of your choice.Pro Trainer AircraftSkyhawk 172RSkylane 182SArrow PA-28RBonanza A36Seminole PA-44Baron 58PFC P.C.A.T.D ® HardwareCAT ICAT IICAT IIICAT IVFlight Link HardwareAV-IFR Flight ConsoleKR-1 Avionics StackFeaturesHighly Realistic Instrument Panels. Each enhanced aircraft cockpit panel is fully functional. Each guage has fluid rotation, with sharpness and an incredible acuity of 1/10 of a degree.Virtual Interiors. Each aircraft is meticulously modeled after its real-life counterpart. The interior views are stunning from any view.Panel Editor. Customize your instrument panel configurations. You can select from an instrument database to customize your instrument type and position, to get the equipment options that you want.Pop-up Operator's Handbook. Critical procedural information is always available during your flight, whether normal or emergency circumstances prevail.Digital 3D Sound. Each aircraft sound, from engine startup to shutdown, is digitally recorded from their real-life counterparts. hear 3D sound effects for weather and virtual traffic.Airport Facilities. Fly in and out of over 5,000 airports with U.S. and Western European airspace. Also towers, beacons, wind socks, hangars. Fly with virtual traffic in-bound and out-bound during takeoff and landing.Flight Planning. Easy point and click flight planner. Auto-route generation and critical flight information are provided. Use the GPS moving map display to navigate your plane en-route.Interactive Air Traffic Control (ATC). Challenge your VFR/IFR radio communication skills wherever you are flying.Approach Visualization and Playback. Use visual approach aids in real-time or playback an instrument approach.Virtual Traffic. Fly en-route and around airports with virtual traffic chatter and virtual aircraft.Atmospheric Effects. Daylight, IMC, precipitation, lightning and absolutely gorgeous 3D clouds to transition through, on your way to the top.Weather Conditions. Download today's weather or set up your own dynamic weather scenario.Flying Conditions. Environments supporting both Visual Flight Rules (VFR) and Instrument Flight Rules (IFR) are included.Flight Companion. An online flight companion is included for easy reference to information on FAA regulations, aircraft systems, airspace classifications, radio communication and navigation, and many other topics.Approach Lighting & Taxiways. Complete coverage of approach lighting systems (ALS) is provided. Taxiways are provided for all class B and C airports.Geography. Covers the contiguous U.S. and Western Europe using accurate elevation and land usage classification terrain. Enjoy flying over familiar rivers, lakes, mountains and roads. Many metropolitan areas include satellite imagery.Profile Editor. Whether for personal use, or use with professional instruction, you will enjoy flying the included basic instrument flight profiles.Navaids & Obstacles. Complete coverage of all U.S. and Western European VOR's, NDB's, ILS's and obstacles.Pilot/Instructor Console. Easy to use, point and click graphical user interface, for either personal or instructor control of malfunctions, weather, and many other options. Extensive charting, moving map features and plan/profile approach views.System RequirementsMultimedia PC with Pentium II 300 MHz equivalent or higher processor with 8 MB 3D video hardware accelerator or better.Windows 98, Millenium Edition, 2000, or XP operating system (Does not support NT).64 MB of memory (128 MB recommended).Approximately 600 MB of available hard disk space.Super VGA monitor supporting 1024 x 768 resolutions in 16 bit color for certified PCATD software.Direct X 7.0a API or later.Direct X 7.0a or later compatible 8 MB video card.Direct X 7.0a API compatible sound card with speakers or headphones.Joystick or flight yoke (recommended) required for personal instrument flight simulator.Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device.Sound card with speakers or headphones required for audio.{That is all folks! Jerry K. Thorne}

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

For those that my not have seen my post a few days ago, ProPilot 2000 was never released by the S_____ company since it was sold to the flight simulator company ETC. The ETC Pro Trainer has higher video resolution than the Alpha version of ProPilot 2000 that was tested by some folks in this forum. Reading between the lines on the audio, it would appear that Sound Blaster LIVE 3D audio systems are supported.The ability to customize the aircraft instrument panel is NEW for ProPilot fans. We had been told of the online real weather possibilities that were in the works for PP2000, but not in the Alpha release. Hawaii appears not to be in ETC PT, but the EuroPatch scenery sounds like it is included.I wonder if the pilot/instructor console is supported on a second video screen (dual monitors). This is not stated, but "could" be inferred.I will go back to their booth again early in the day on Sunday to see if I can get some answers.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

Jerry,Thanks for the info."Geography. Covers the contiguous U.S. and Western Europe using accurate elevation and land usage classification terrain. Enjoy flying over familiar rivers, lakes, mountains and roads. Many metropolitan areas include satellite imagery."I wonder if a flight from the USA to Europe is possible.

Thanks Jerry. Looking forward to seeing if you can drag more good info out of someone there. I wonder if Mark Pechnick is still around as part of the team.

Go Jerry Go!I have the wallet open and the gnomes with eyeshades and sleeve protectors down at Banco Unpopular primed for a withdrawal!Doc Bryant

In short, it is the closest thing to PP that is remaining. Basically much of the idea that was in PP has been carried over to company that now has the ownership of the PP code, that is ETC. They have been providing software for GAT trainers for a while now and the plan was to make a software version available to run on PC's. This would be what the ETC Pro Trainer would be. What that all entails, we will have to wait to see.

>I wonder if a flight from the USA to Europe is possible. Sounds like there are no airports in Canada and with those small planes you would have to make quite a few intermediate stops. I would say it would not be possible unless you don't mind off-airport landings. And the only navaid there may be a GPS.Sounds like an 'Elite-like' product though no doubt will be cheaper. But I wouldn't expect its price to be below $200. Michael J.

Sounds like a fascinating product, Jerry. Thanks for the information.Looking forward to ProPilot 2003 (sorry, I meant ETC Pro Trainer.)Best regards.Luis

Keep those undercover reports coming, Jerry!I noticed that their webpage only consists of the front page so far, and it sure looks like PP2000 Hawaii in one photo. It'll be interesting to see what happens.Ron A