Sign in to follow this  

Install Question, Please Help

Hello,I bought Pro Pilot 99 several years ago and rediscovered it when I went through my stuff. It was one of those "why don't I use this anymore" deals. After I installed it, I remember why. After I installed it, the scenery is really blocky, like the display is bad. The instrument panel looks fine, but the outside view looks very blocky.When I installed it, it said there was an update available, so I downloaded it. When it tried to install the update, I gave me an error message saying it couldn't locate the file. I know the update was not installed. Although I tried to install this on my new PC, the same problem happened when I installed it on my old PC too. The opening screen with the two guys in the control tower and the plane taxiing to the runway plays just fine.Can anyone give me some insight what this problem may be?Sincerely,Hans Groenewold

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>Hello, >>I bought Pro Pilot 99 several years ago and rediscovered it >when I went through my stuff. It was one of those "why >don't I use this anymore" deals. After I installed it, I >remember why. After I installed it, the scenery is really >blocky, like the display is bad. The instrument panel looks >fine, but the outside view looks very blocky. On this one, if you don't have a Glide compatible card (I.E. a Voodoo or Banshee card), you cannot run PP99 with hardware graphics acceleration. It will only run in software mode and thus, blocky graphics. If you do have a Glide card, make sure you press Alt+Enter to switch the mode.>When I installed it, it said there was an update available, >so I downloaded it. When it tried to install the update, I >gave me an error message saying it couldn't locate the file. > I know the update was not installed. Although I tried to >install this on my new PC, the same problem happened when I >installed it on my old PC too. The opening screen with the >two guys in the control tower and the plane taxiing to the >runway plays just fine. Depends on which patch you downloaded. There was an English and European version of the smaller 1.03 patch. There was only an english version of the large European scenery update. The latter will not install on an European version with jumping through some hoops. If you have an English version and are installing the correct version of the patch, it will expect to have the cd in the drive when you install.

Scott,If he had the USA version of FLIGHT.EXE, it should accept the patches. But then it would not be the Euro version -- it would be the US version with the Europatch.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.