Sign in to follow this  
Guest cornclose

Tonight's the night !!!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks......but it still will not work. It still corrupts the VGA BIOS of the Voodoo 5 when I power on.The only thing to try now is to remove ALL other AGP and PCI cards, and see if the Voodoo 5 will work totally on its own (once I re-flash the BIOS again).This one has almost got me stumped.... :-( Chris Ehttp://website.lineone.net/~flightsimukAvoid AGP texturing = Better Performance ;)

>>This one has almost got me stumped....Looks like it's time to wish you ... success !!!Dave H.Fayetteville, GA

I have found drivers that will work for xp and the glide will work for pp99. Only drawback, you cannot tick items in the pull-down menus which renders pp99 as almost useless. Unless there is a workaround, I hate to say it, but you will need to go back to win98. If you want drivers, icq me at 31462215. I can up them to you ok.Tar

That's too bad to hear. I guess that would be the price to pay for using 3 year old sim and card from a defunct company. It doesn't matter how good we may still view them, as soon as the rest of the world out there deems them obsolete, good luck getting them to continue working on the latest machines. It is too bad. I guess if you want to be assured of being able to use PP99, you got to keep an old machine around. You know, like the one I'm still stuck with using as my primary machine. :-)

I did not get the V5 to work even with ALL other cards removed. And I now know why :-The stupid ACPI BIOS (which cannot be switched off...) assumes that you will only ever want to use an AGP video card. The BIOS never checks for a PCI video card, indeed it does not have the 'Assign IRQ for PCI VGA' option.This motherboard is totally unaware of PCI video cards, because I could not get ANY other PCI video card to work in it!!Gigabyte will be hearing about this, and unless they can provide a fix in the form of a updated BIOS, I will be sending it back for a refund, and will get an ASUS, Abit or Epox board instead.Thanks to this, I have successfully p*ssed around for the last month, and boy, am I annoyed... :-fumeWatch this space....Chris Ehttp://website.lineone.net/~flightsimukAvoid AGP texturing = Better Performance ;)

You forgot to mention TYAN in the mother board mix there. I have an "old" system like Scott does. My particular board is a Tyan S1590S, which is their top of the line for Super Socket 7 boards. My CPU is an AMD K6-3 450 MHz chip which serves me well to this day on PP99 with the Voodoo 5.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

Chris,It must be bloody frustrating. Yup, return it and get something that works. I know you have heard this before but it is really worth it!Good luck,Meekal

I will give Gigabyte the benefit of the doubt first, by trying to get them to fix the problem in the form of a BIOS update (which I beleive is all it will take). Otherwise I like the mobo.I have emailed them twice now, the first time over a week ago, so how easy it will be to get them to respond is anyone's guess.I'll let you know what happens....Chris Ehttp://website.lineone.net/~flightsimukAvoid AGP texturing = Better Performance ;)