Sign in to follow this  
Jerry_K_Thorne

Avisim Reno adventure

How many of you ProPilot fans are going to the Avsim event near Reno? I need to know before I start the process to get there. If the "family" is not going, well...Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Cap'n Tall checking in with a negative on Reno trip. (Got to save my money for that GPS :-) )

I had originally planned to go, Jerry. But three unexpected and expensive problems popped up for me just a few weeks ago. So I can't go either. :'(-Lindy

Jerry:I had not as yet made reservations, but I am leaning very strongly towards being there. At this point in time, it is highly likely that I will be there. Too bad about the Captain not being in attendance. Doc Bryant

Thanks Doc,Short odds. I wonder IF my boss has something planned for me that would keep me out of there too?I went to a meeting of the Tennessee Valley RV Builders Group (TVRVBG) over in Hartselle, Alabama tonight and discovered more details about the plane I am planning to build. I could see just how much I learned at OSH and how much more there is to prepare before taking the plunge. The folks are great, pilots all! Each with stories to tell of building and flying. A good evening, worth the 2 hours drive each way (145 miles).Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

Hey... what are Scott and I, chopped liver? Both of us will be there, and I am sure you will also see others come outta da closet.. :-lol

Darn! I'm missing a chance to meet both Scott AND Doc! :-eekOh well... c'est la vie. :-smooch-Lindy :-wave

I had planned on going -- it's going to be a great event. But, we're getting a free week at my Dad's condo in Pagosa Springs, CO the same week. And, free wins, even though we already did a free week in July at his place.Dan

Hmm. I am thinking that you could have made a better choice of words there, Tom.Doc Bryant :-laugh1

Doesn't look like I'm going to be able to get up there either Jerr.I got me a softy-more starting school again this year and something tells me I'll be a tad more involved in "Band Dad" things on the weekends this season.Plus, I need to save some cash for a car. Alli turns 16 this year too and I don't want to have to drive her to work.......:-zhelpPork

And I found out there are no seats on the flights from SLC to Reno, so I am not going either. Oh, well....Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

I should have read this before making my reservations, LOL.Oh well.The Horizon was booked at the super good rate. I got a room for 159 a night. Or I could have chosen the elevator room. Which was nice of them.Doc BryantMaybe I ought to try Harrah's across the street and see if I can get one comped for the weekend.If I can't snag a freebie, don't set a place for me either Tom.

I had to decide whether to spend for a backyard fence, Reno, or the RV. My neighbor wasn't ready to "split" for the fence, so the RV won. Two instruments to finish the panel, exaust pipes, and other odds & ends. Another measly four grand (that I don't have) should about finish it. Transceiver, transponder, altitude encoder, antenna's, and prop governor. L.Adamson

I understand that trade off. The Reno adventure takes funding away from my restoration of my 1952 Dodge M37 truck.Doc Bryant