Sign in to follow this  
Doc Bryant

Labor Day Greetings

Here's hoping that the Pro Pilot family all has a nice Labor Day.I am off to check on one of the new enterprises and enjoy much coffee and cigars. Brother Maynard will of course be standing post in the back yard, defending all he knows against Geckos, Green Racers and of course cats.Amazing too that I will actually have to work a bit tomorrow. Maybe an hour or two....:-lolDoc Bryant

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>Here's hoping that the Pro Pilot family all has a nice Labor >Day. Thanks Doc, and here's hoping your's is good also. I think I could get used to this day off stuff. How about a "Labor Week or Month". That would work. :-)>Amazing too that I will actually have to work a bit >tomorrow. Maybe an hour or two....:-lol I hope you will understand if I don't throw any sympathy your way when I'm on my way to work at 5 in the morning tomorrow for a regular 8 hour shift. lol

Oh I do understand Scott. I have seen a few 5 am's. Both from the front side, and the back side.We did not actually work today. It just turned into a power lunch with some Bardolino. Well, lots of Bardolino. And I sampled a few cigars. I have to write reviews on them. We might work tomorrow.No, I think not. I think I am getting taken out to lunch. And I have to slip round to visit with the banker for a short spell.Well, now that I have checked in here, and had a power nap, it's time to chauffeur Brother Maynard about. He's getting hungry.Doc Bryant

Yep, off to Toronto today via Buffalo and a rental car from there the remaining 140 miles or so. Airfare is about $300 to Buffalo and around $800 to Toronto. See why I get to see Niagara Falls and save money for the company!I get back to Buffalo Thursday night for a Friday morning flight back to Tennessee via the Cincinnati airport.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

Hope that all had a pleasant week-end. I was working here on the farm, and Nature gave me a little present - a nice electrical storm that burned out the television set. So, I could not watch the parade.Best regards.Luis

Brother Luis:I have not had the television hooked to either antenna or cable here at Casa Doc. It's plugged into the video tape player. And that's a betamax, so you know how little I use it!Now we shan't talk of the two computers on my desk....:-lolDoc Bryant

Doc,Small wonder that you are our unofficial moderator. Only you would have thought of a nice message for all of us.Thanks,Meekal

Whooooa there Meekal old top.....Unofficial Moderator? Surely you jest. Not this fat boy.Doc Bryant

I remember those days when Meekal would pop in here with that provocative question.Of course, since then, we have collectively determined that ... Meekal is in charge here - our official Moderator.Notice how he promotes Doc Bryant to "Unofficial" Moderator. If the shoe fits ...Best regards.LuisS.I.C., as usual

Brother Luis:Thank you for refreshing my memory on that point. I too now recall that our currency manipulator's habit of stirring the pot then exiting garnered him his title. And unlike the House of Commons, there is no shadow cabinet here. Meekal is it, in toto.Ahh, the old "one two" still works my friend....one sets them up, the other pots them off for the kill.Now to resume my nap that was interrupted by some fellow wanting to do great things for my business.Doc Bryant

Doc,You are incredibly witty and uproariously funny. No, that was not a hint, nor a provocation and I regret the dislocation to your nap. However, seeing that you are a regular here and the only one who can keep us in line (including Dud), why not?Come on old chap. With ETC's sim around the corner (or so I presume)we will need someone like you to keep order. Meekal

Meek Old Bean-I believe you neither have the power to nominate by acclaimation nor do I have the authority to accept. I regret more than anyone the dislocation of my nap. Even more so since the fellow calling me back was returning my call. How forgetful of me.Presuming that ETC's sim is around the corner? Folks like you were two a penny during the Great Depression heralding "Prosperity's around the next corner" or words to that effect. Then they took off for Oklahoma. Unfortunately, Oklahoma took off for parts unknown, and is still whirling about today. So I guess they took off for Hollywood. And if you have seen the crop of motion pictures springing forth, you note, as well as I, that someone must either have incredibly public sex, or be in a auto chase for the film to get any sort of good reviews. I pity the folks doing the reviews. I am sure they must run through scads of tissues (trying to clean the steam off their spectacles)*.Well, back to my nap, suitably unecumbered by titles of grandeur. Now if I can just get back to that incredible dream of this woman, and a car chase...Doc Bryant*We shall not presume to consider other uses here. Well, perhaps the movie was a "tear jerker." Then again, perhaps some other sort.

Doc,On reading the above, I am more convinced than ever before that you are the man. I mean this place has to have a moderator who is tough but with a biting sense of humour and witty to boot. Helps keep us in line. In case you have forgotten (or were you not here then) it can get pretty rough around here come new simulator time and all sorts of odd creatures will be popping in unannounced offering their unsolicited opinions. Most would have not even purchased the sim but will hold forth and cling to strong views about it. By reputation, I did not take kindly to their views and lost my cool. Ask Scott, Tom, Lindy and the other old timers. Heck, I even think they wanted to get rid of me for good although being people of honour, they will deny it vigorously! And, notwithstanding your cynicism, I think that time when all hell breaks loose, is just around the corner.So even if you will not accept formally--and methinks thou does protest too much--in my book you are the de facto moderator. End of discussion.And by the way, I do hope you will buy the ETC version of ProPilot!Best regards,MeekalMeekal

Meekal:The Bard does not have a nickel in this one. And I have been orbiting around these parts long enough to remember some of your episodes. (giving the monitor my best looking over the top of my spectacles glare...)Oh I probably shall buy the new thingamajig when it rears it's buggy head. And I shall watch for the folks popping out of the woodwork to attack the new kid on the block whilst shilling for what ever grand old thing they are using.Well, back to piddling about. Man the helm, Meekal, it fits you to a tee.Doc Bryant

Sign in to follow this