Sign in to follow this  
Doc Bryant

Deserted

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Cap'n Tall is still "In N Out" (makes me want to go get a hamberger - name of a west coast drive in) of the coop. :-lol

Nah..... I'm still here too, Doc. Just been so busy with work, about all I have time for is to pop in, read and leave. Capt. Tall -- how do you like Heather's repaint of Big Red? I've got it downloaded but haven't even had time to install it and look. But from the screenshots she posted, I'd say she did a pretty good job.-Lindy :-wave :-outta

Here too, Doc, and glad to see our de facto Moderator is alert and well. I check in pretty much each day. But where are the others?Meekal

Hi Lindy,Yes Heather did a great job of producing "Big Red". She, like you, is a gracious lady. I hope someday she will get a chance to come west and visit Sandy and me and get to see "Big Red" in person.Hope things are going well for you. Save you money and come out to Vegas again. I'm sure we can get the Porkster and Ms Alli and the folks to make the trip again.Take care,Cap'n Tall

De Facto Moderator? You looking in the mirror again, Meekal?Doc BryantBeen up since 4 am. You gotta get up earlier than me to foist that job off on me.

I have been checking in every day/night on the road since last Monday night. I did not think anyone would want to hear about my daily treks with cable system operators.I did notice something strange about your latest short final posting. The number of views shows ZERO. I ready it twice to see if I could get it to count up. I guess that little mystery is one for our HOST. Does anyone else have any views of the lastest short final, or does it still say 0?Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.(from Little Rock, Arkansas tonight)

No coop here, Doc.Had a little thunderstorm going through the Caribbean all day yesterday. Really fascinating to be sitting around and suddenly hear a distant rushing sound. What is it? the wind? Yet, the trees do not sway. The sound gets louder and louder, almost a roar. Then, all of a sudden, a gigantic blast of wind banging the windows around and knocking everything over. Followed by the deluge to rival Noah's, really loud and really wet. No, not a hurricane - definitely do not want to be around when one of those hits. Just a little sprinkle in the tropics.The mangos are all gone - phew! Could not look at another one of those, at least until next year. Avocados and mandarin oranges coming in now.Not much time for flying lately - ProPilot only, thank you, as Microsoft Flight Simulator is off my computer. When I get a few moments, I make replacement trees (for Flight Simulator!!??) as the default trees are not pretty.Here is the boring default:http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d87f4a1035486d1.jpgAnd the as yet unfinished lush tropical vegetation:http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d87f4e803c58eb0.jpgFrom top to bottom and left to right, there are1st row) flamboyan (also known as royal poinsettia) -- mango in flower -- mahogany -- ugly default;2nd row) a clump of areca palms -- coccothrinax spissa, the guano palm endemic to the island -- orange tree -- ugly default;3rd row) royal palms -- coconut palms -- ugly default;4th row) a group of colorful bushes (red bougainvillea, croton, purple bougainvillea, hibiscus) -- saw palms -- ugly default.Well, it keeps me busy on rainy days.Best regards.Luis

Hey all,Still here, just busy, new job, new apt, new all this and new all that. Reformatting my hard drive even do drive the demons out of it. I think we should go back to an animist world, I like the mystery much better than ones and zeroes. Rugby continues apace, all is well, except for the occasional separated shoulder (yes, it was well worth it, that tackle). Been lurking on here a bit recently, plotting how to re-enter without getting blindsided or caught in the Meekal - Doc crossfire. Have no ideas how to do that though. Looks like I've got a little red dot on my forehead, hmmm, I wonder what that means....TedPS. Luis, you rule as always. Sign me up for the TiradoSim'03, ok?CYHU Montr

Though not a member of the ProPilot community, I check in with you all the time. I know who sells coffee while rebuilding an old truck, who lives in Tennessee and has a new/old job that takes him on a road trips through the South and who takes vacations out of Georgia to the Florida panhandle. I also know who flies a B-55 and who is builing a plane by Dick Van Grunsven and who has Mango trees in their yard and who does not. :)

And probably who's been naughty or nice.......Some one's taking lurking to a higher plane. Very good job, Joe, glad you cast us a glance every now and then.Doc Bryant

There is one reader up in Vermont that never posts. He is a customer and friend of mine in the cable industry. I mentioned ProPilot to him in one of our conversations about two years ago. He confessed to me when I saw him at a trade show a few months ago that he had been monitoring our postings here. Jim, if you want to put in your two cents worth and introduce yourself to the crowd here, now is the time. As for Joe's post above, I seem to be the subject of much of his entry. Got to go, my 8 AM (central time) customer visit beckons.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

Ted, Ted, where have you been? Was getting worried, but then I figured you were busy with jobs and so forth. Glad to hear from you.Got to agree with your religious sentiments - I am definitely against modern appliances. No electric carving knives, no Ronco fruit driers, no decrepit and retired athlete's miracle meat grill that eliminates the fat - whatever happenned to doing things the natural way? Cut your roast with brute force, buy your dried fruit in the store, and eat your meat with the fat, dear, there are plenty of starving children in Africa.Ah! the decline of civilization.Best regards.Luis

Oh this is a bunch....Now I shall have to go clattering about and find Dudley. Nice Shrubbery, Brother Luis. Those would all look good gracing Casa Doc. If I had gobs of water out here.I am sure it was the annual rainfall the Junior League woman was referring to when she said she got 6 inches or so a year......Doc Bryant