Sign in to follow this  

Textures pack!

Hi all,About PP99, I don't find a right site to download the 10 european texture packages (10 mb each).Can you say me where I can find it?Other little question: Is there some GeForce video card driver to use (and see!!) better this sim?Thanks for your appreciate answers and a dear regard from ItalyGiorgio Gnesda

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Giorgio.... Hi there. You must be new to ProPilot -- welcome.If you can't find the files here at Avsim, you won't find them anywhere. It's possible you might be able to work out a deal with someone who has them and can burn them onto a CD for you or possibly put them on a website from where you can download them. Re the video card. A GEForce driver won't benefit PP99. The 3D effects can only be seen (and appreciated) if you have a card that uses the Glide API. Any of the Voodoo cards, standalone or addon, will work. The problem will be finding one.Good luck.-Lindy :-wave

Hi Lindy,Thank you for your reply.Really this is the first time I write in PP99 forum. I am a FlyII and FS2002 aircraft developper but I have PP99 from the first release.I noted this is a very nice sim in flight model, but I don't like the displaying with my geforce based video card because I can see it all as cubes!!.A little request to you, if you can:can you send me some pics to see the right visualization vith vodooo video card? If you can over Paris and other seaside cities.Thank you a lot.A very dear regardGiorgio Gnesda

Giorgio -- I would love to help you out with some screenshots, but I no longer have PP99 installed on my computer.So to anyone who still has PP99 on their machine, could you help Giorgio and post a few of his reqested screenshots showing off the 3D effects with your Glide API card? -Lindy :-wave

Hi lindy,is it ok a vodoo 3/4/5 video card series to a right displaying??Giorgio Gnesda

ANY card that uses the Glide API, and that includes the entire Voodoo line, should work fine. I myself used a VooDoo II addon card that connected to my TNT nVidia card.I'm not sure, but I believe any Voodoo card higher than 2 is a stand alone card meaning it does not need to be connected to a main video card. I suppose you can have two main video cards in a computer and switch between them; I'm not sure about that though.-Lindy :-wave

I use the Voodoo 5 as my only video card. It works well with FS2002 and REALLY WELL with ProPilot 99!Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

Ciao Jerry, thanks for information!Is it possible for you to do some pics to show me the right way to see this sim?I'd like very much to understand it!Many thanks againGiorgio Gnesdasportdesign@libero.it

Giorgio,You need to download all your email. You cannot receive any more until you do that. You can find Voodoo 2 add-on cards, Voodoo 3, and Voodoo 5 stand-alone video cards online at www.pricewatch.com by clicking on Video Cards in the Multimedia section of the main menu near the upper right side of the Pricewatch home page. You can also just SEARCH the video section for the word VOODOO and find all the versions of the Voodoo family still available in surplus stores, etc.If you get the Voodoo 2 card, you can keep your GeForce card and just loop the video from the GeForce card through the new Voodoo 2 card. It will only activate when a GLIDE video program is running.The Voodoo 3 and Voodoo 5 cards are designed to run alone as the only video card. The Voodoo 5 has more memory and features of course.Since Windows 98, it has been possible to have TWO "stand-alone" video cards in computer, but I opted for the Voodoo 5 as my only video card. When I first got ProPilot 99, my video card was the Voodoo Banshee model, which had limited features, but ran the GLIDE video nicely.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

I know you are probably not seeing the clouds and video effects yet, but did you get to see the mountains of Europe? Check out Gibraltar!Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

Giorgio,Check out this link to one of our forum member's web sites. He has some pix posted you may enjoy NOW!http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Run...1/pro_shots.htm There is also a link to another web site with more pictures on it. Andre did a good job on his exploration of ProPilot 99 as you will see. The pop-up ads are a nuisance, but you can turn them off and see what you want to see with a little patience.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

OK, guys and Lindy! I got the Europatch files to Giorgio. What else has anyone been able to provide?Sound off all you good samaritans!Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN. (at home today)

I think I'll save my $0.02 for when Giorgio gets it up and running.Hopefully Chris E (cornclose) has saved all of our comments -- c'mon, Chris ! Get that machine goin' ! However, I'll list what I recall being the other things to know :1 - Patch 1.03 (which I think the European patch includes).2 - Instructions on how to get ATC to get you to the field in less than 2 trips around the field.3 - Peter's WX Web Site.4 - Voodoo2 Drivers NOT to use (2.54 was the bad one ?).5 - Keyboard commands for taking pictures, getting frame rate displayed.6 - Joystick/Yoke-Pedal recommendations.What am I forgetting ?Dave H.Fayetteville, GA

You are right on the 1.03 patch being in the Euro Patch. That Voodoo 2 patch only applies if he gets one of those OLD cards instead of the Voodoo 5 card.I was trying to take some pix with no success, so I gave him the links you saw above to Fred's site, and from there he can link to Andre's site.Peter's weather site is something I never used. Nice touch about how to get ATC to "work" for us. Of course the guys who programmed the ATC expected us to do the right approaches to an airport pattern as published in FAR/AIM manuals, etc.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.