Sign in to follow this  

I need Francois Dion helps about his tools! (or of who

I need to know something about PBMP tool (how to convert the PP99 PBMP extracted from *.vol by Francois Dion "Volutil" utility, to a normal BMP to open with any graphic tool.Can you to help me to understand it better.I have extracted the Bmp from common.vol file (here all ok!)Than I used PBMP tool and I take a *.raw file from the process,but I am not able to see the image .I will be very happy if I'll receive some suggestions about it.Many tanks and as dear regardGiorgio Gnesdasportdesign@libero.it

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The reason you did not get an answer is that the guys who were best at manipulating the PP99 scenery are not among us die-hard regulars here. They drop by from time to time. We can only hope that they will spot your thread and reply. Also, someone here may have a valid email address for Francois or Ron Alderfer and can get them back on the forum to give you some pointers.edit: I was able to look them both up in the profiles and send email messages to them via the forum itself. If their emails on file are current, we could hear from them soon.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

I have indeed been summoned from the dark outer places back to this bastian of light and succor.......That was my Doc impersonation - whaddya think? ;-)Well, the short answer is, I don't remember. However, I still have all the tools and my notes, I'll just have to refresh my memory a bit. If Francois drops by, even that might not be needed.Hang on gents - we'll try to get an answer for you. Would you like to let us in on what you have in mind for the old gal? Hmmm?Ron A

It would seem that our newbie Giorgio has discovered the excellent flight models in PP99 and is seeking a Voodoo card as we post. He has apparently been reading some old posts, downloading, etc. And he has been enthusiastic about scenery in 'other' sims. Sounds like he wants to tinker with PP99 a bit and discoverer you tools, etc.Hang around and lets enjoy this new experience WITH Giorgio in Italy.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

My friends,If we can modify the PP99 front panels (they are not so good really)we can have a very (but very) realistic sim. Help me to understand the process!A dear regardGiorgio Gnesdasportdesign@libero.it

I have indeed been summoned from the dark outer places back to this bastian of light and succor....... :-eekBastian? Try "bastion" meaning a part of a fortification or indeed a well fortified place.And succor?succor SUH-kur, noun:1. Aid; help; assistance; especially, assistance that relieves and delivers from difficulty, want, or distress.2. The person or thing that brings relief. Nice, alas perhaps you should have perhaps used sustenance....Trying to foment some uprising, Ron?With that I return to the light outer places...the autumnal twilight that is West Texas, midst the perturbational dances of the Ghecko lizards as they prepare for the onset of winter. Myself starting the quest for succor in the form of a light repast at Chili's or Cattle Baron, once I find suitable attire (and a cigar).Take lessons from Brother Luis, he can imitate my writings so well I have trouble deciding which is real and which is Memorex... :-sun1Doc BryantCounting down the hours till the Commemorative Air Force Airshow (note, I add the obiligory "W" that they seem to have lost over the ages). I feel the need to fling explosive bits skyward. Maybe this will be the year I dent a warbird with a four inch ack ack shell. They deserve it if I do. They've tossled my hair with propwash, and washed me down with water drops. Payback is in order, lads. :-newburn

All right, all right, I know "succor" but what is an "ack-ack shell"?A stumper for me, but perhaps it relates to military ordnance of some sort. Sounds engaging!Best regards.Luis

Brother Luis-Ack-Ack is slang for anti-aircraft artillery a.k.a "flack."And engage we shall. I am told for each day of the flying circus, we have twenty five shells to fling at the invaders*.Doc Bryant*Invaders, Flying Fortresses, Liberators, Heinkels, Bristols, I don't care, if it flies, it dies. I am still smarting from the dousing I got two years back. Yes, it was only coloured water, but it was but 45 degrees F when it happened.

Uncle!...uncle!...I give up! (Forgive me if that expression is a bit too local to my locale......)And besides, Doc, I never claimed to be able to spel......Uprising, you say? That would be nice....haven't had one of those around here for quite a while.(mute button back on....)Ron A

Giorgio,Welcome to ProPilot! It's not the latest and greatest, but it is enjoyable!To modify the panels, you will need more luck/skill/time than our friend Francois did. Changing the panels cosmetically is fairly easy, but the coding for the instrumentation (or much else, really)was never cracked while I was involved.Ron AP.S.- Actually, simply running the program at higher rez helps quite a bit (as was seen in the alpha version of PP2000). Francois had hinted at one point he thought that might be possible. Too far above my skill set......

Hi there,I don't quite remember the exact process, but I believe once you had extracted the .bmp files, you could open them in PaintShop Pro as raw files, apply the palette and then tweak as necessary. When this is done, you use PBMP to create the entire files that ProPilot recognizes to draw horizon textures.I'll be digging this deeper,Fred

Ron:You get the natives restless and out comes the Singapore Switch. You may bank on it.Oh these infernal Colonials... :-lolDoc Bryant

Well, it is nice to see you guys coming home to roost again. What have I wrought? Welcome back Ron, Fred, et al.Ack-Ack was the term the British used, flack was the Yanks version of the dreaded stuff the ##### were putting up, etc.Gecko, not Geico, Doc!Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

Around these parts, it's Ghecko. Perhaps they are interchangable, as I have seen it posted with either spelling on the internet.And it's Progessive for insurance. Gave up the GEICO when I hung up the blue suit.Doc Bryant