Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

Best wishes to Ted

So, from what I read, Ted is now out in the real world, earning his keep.I infer (or deduce) that this means he has gotten his degree and is now a full-blown M.B.A. Congratulations, Ted! if this is the case. A long haul and great effort and now you get the large salaries and plush executive suite with accompanying willing Executive Assistant.Of course, like most of us, you will probably soon start wishing you were back in school and not forced to work.Anyway, I hope that your diploma will not be an impediment to your gaining some real knowledge.Best regards.Luis

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

That sounds familiar. It reminds me of the words of my former flight instructor right after I passed my FAA check ride in 1993: "Now you have a license to learn"!Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

I had an Professor who believed that except for airline pilot and brain surgeon, any job skill other than those two could be learned in two weeks on the job training.Doc Bryant

Meekal:Our friend from the Frozen North, now knowns as "Heytedk" from Montreal.That's whom Brother Luis refers to in his posts.And the Professor looked like Bluto in the Popeye cartoons. And was an avowed Marxist. Quite the entertaining sort, even in a Saturday class.Doc Bryant

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww,Gone but not forgotten, nay, not he. T'was a noble sort, or more nobly than navely, unless, like Meekal you were looking for me in the 'me he accha ladka he, accha' sense. Something about work at the World Bank, ya? Makes one a bad boy with names but a good one with Urdu.Which is to say wow to you all, thank you for the compliments and the reasonable burial -- I'm totally surprised and flattered. Mom and Pop are coming up to Montreal from Chicago in the Prairie Schooner (their nickname for their Mercury Behemoth that's apparently the envy of all the other 75-year olds in their building) for my official deflowering on Halloween day at 14h. Who chooses Halloween for a Commencement ceremony? Macabre.As I used to have a job (even a couple of them) before this MBA thing, my pain now is the pain of those going back to work after time off in school. I honestly had a few moments where I was trying to remember why I should arbitrarily stop working because it happened to be this thing called a 'weekend'. Or getting up before noon and going to bed before midnight. I have to _stop_ watching 'Sopranos' episodes? Sleep? Sleep is for the weak. Or the week, I am now learning.On the positive side, I like my job so far. Though I was hoping to retire after graduation. And that whole paycheque thing, a big positive.And Doc is right, it shouldn't take to long to undo all the damage done by this degree, fortunately. Which brings up a story: my parents are both ex-professors and they took me aside early on, saying 'Son, we have to tell you something about the facts of life. We met in graduate school, son. And you, we want you to become a cop. Or maybe a plumber, they make a good living. Join a union, son." :) :) Good advice!Thanks guys!TedCYHU Montr

Ted,If you are going to be around in these parts, give me a shout and we can meet up.Meekal

Ted:Chablis? Oh dear. Rather a BV or Kathryn Kennedy Cabernet. Or if one must go white, Rombauer Zinfandel.Doc Bryant

BV, BV, BV.....hmmmm. Bavarische Wiesse Biere? Not likely...hmmm.As usual, you're right: red is the wine, white is the fruit juice. Thanks for the tip though, I work with a bunch of white wine drinkers.:-beerchugtedCYHU Montr