Sign in to follow this  
sskoup

3dfx V2 1000 for sale

Hi to all,I read this forum occasionally but this is my first post. A few months ago I found a V5 5500 at a swap meet real cheap so I upgraded from my old 8mb video card married to a pair of V2 1000's. I know that the V2's are not the greatest but without a Voodoo card of some sort you can't fully enjoy PP99 or FUIII. So, if anyone out there who is searching for a 3dfx card but can't find a V5 and would like to settle for a pair of V2's hooked up in the SLI mode, make me an offer for mine. They served me well until I found the V5. I really can't tell much difference between the V2's and the V5 except that I can use higher resolutions with the V5 in FUIII and Fly (and of course that junk from MS).Thanks,sskoup

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>FUIII and Fly (and of course that junk from MS). >What junk? I happen to really like that sim! And I really enjoyed PP99 about four years ago.......too!! :)L.Adamson

LA,When I read the comment about the junk, I laughed knowingly and immediately said to myself, 'LA will be here in a flash'.You continue not to disappoint me, which is good. Anyway, the guy want to sell his Voodoo and I am sure he is not amused by this chatter.Regards,Meekal

>You continue not to disappoint me, which is good. >he,he..................... you already know before hand what I'm going to say, because I'm sure as he## not going to do a 180 and pronounce PP99 to still be the best sim, after four years! I would suppose that makes my statements quite predictable.. :)But, FWIW.................... regarding the Citation post. The SP98 Citation had an excellent startup sequence with accompaning sounds that still hasn't been beat!Meekal, one more quickie question...Have you tried the RealAir Simulations SF260 for FS2002 yet? As far as an aerobatic capable GA plane goes, I think it's the best flight dynamics file to ever been concieved for any PC simulator. It covers nearly all those "out of the normal envelope" flight characteristics, in which other simulated aircraft fail.L.Adamson

We may not have your sim of choice here, but you seem to be enjoying our little corner of the www. Could it be that you have come home for a "vacation" from that other place?Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

Perhaps we've got a better grade of folks here, Jerry? Genteel, refined, and we almost never raise our voices.Flame wars here come less frequently than lunar eclipses. And the pace, decidely sedentary.How nice.Doc Bryantif he's come home, I hope he doesn't think we're going to do his laundry and pick up after him. That went right out after college. Meals are spot on at 5:30, and if you plan on being late, plan on reheating dinner. We'll leave it in the radar range. After seven, its in the dog dish.

Meekal,The Marchetti SF260 is a payware aircraft. Twenty Fives bucks, but yet worth it, as thousands of hours were put in the development of this sim plane. In my own experience with add-ons these days, the best ones usually end up as payware. And in all cases, they've been done by teams of programmer/designers who have their own specialties in designing virtual cockpit's, flight dynamics, and animated exterior/interiors. With development hours approaching the 6000 mark, it's far too much for a one person job anymore.In addition to some superior flight dynamics, this one also has a nice looking and easy to read the gauges..... virtual cockpit. This VC also includes a unique drop down menu switch panel for operations in the VC mode.The plane, etc, can be found here:http://www.realairsimulations.com/home.htmlPic....... some aerobatics in the SF260

I never really left................. for more than a week or two (or four..). Been around since the days of simmers looking forward to the future release of Sierra's Pro-Pilot 98!The "good old" days of Geof Applegate and myself being branded as Sierra "shills". And then there was the time I had to call upon Lindy to help with the troops against the relentless and ignorant FS98 forum at Flightsim. com!!Pork and Casey (who's been missing from this forum for years), even got together and decided "I" could hold the first Pro-Pilot get-together at my house. Lindy even flew in from Virginia Beach. We all went to a nice dinner in Salt Lake City, and then "froze" for lunch in my backyard "rock garden" as Pork erected a tombstone to Pro-Pilot in the corner of the yard. The grave is gone now, replaced by a shed. But the lavish rock garden remains because I've still havn't got around to rake them up to plant grass! :) L.Adamson

To be so good on the graphics, I wonder why they left the gloved-hand off the stick? The rest of the forearm should also be visible. And of course, the stick, hand, and arm should move with the inputs to the flight controls.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

>To be so good on the graphics, I wonder why they left the >gloved-hand off the stick? The rest of the forearm should >also be visible. And of course, the stick, hand, and arm >should move with the inputs to the flight controls. >I didn't mention.............. this aircraft is normally flown from the right seat by an instructor pilot. It was designed as a military trainer. But the stick does move, as well as all instruments, switches, and throttle quadrant. I use the VC cockpit almost exclusivly, which really add's to the sense of slide slipping, visuals for landing patterns, etc.Now as to seeing my hand from the right seat................L.Adamson --- BTW, I did get to fly one of these (from the left) with the AirCombat USA "Fighter Pilot for a Day" school. We had six dogfight engagements with laser sights, smoke, and video tapes of all the action.

Larry, should you be practicing spins so close to the ground? I just hope that there isn't a "virtual" spectator crowd below you - sounds like a recipe for disaster!Best regards.Luis

At approx. 9400' msl, I still have about 5000' to go!! ----- even if it doesn't look like it! This was actually the end of a snap, and I hadn't even pulled the throttle back yet, since I'm going to be spinning..And if I use "active camera", I could even get a real life headache!!L.Adamsonyehaw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

>I never really left................. for more than a week or >two (or four..). Me, either!>Been around since the days of simmers looking forward to the >future release of Sierra's Pro-Pilot 98! Hey, me too!>Pork and Casey (who's been missing from this forum for >years), even got together and decided "I" could hold the I'm still around! Well, okay, more "round" than "a". But still check in here every now an then.>first Pro-Pilot get-together at my house. Lindy even flew in >from Virginia Beach. We all went to a nice dinner in Salt >Lake City, and then "froze" for lunch in my backyard "rock >garden" as Pork erected a tombstone to Pro-Pilot in the >corner of the yard. So, I'm curious... Do you have that garage project ready to take to the sky yet? It looked airworthy then... We could have just tied a rope to the back of Pork's wheels and had him give you a glider-style 'tow' through the neighborhood (or something).In the event anyone is taking count of what fellow ProPilot users upgraded to, I admit.... I joined the X-Plane camp.I could also give a shameless plug for my small business venture here too, but I'll refrain (for now)!It's good to see all the old (but very young) faces still around :-)Casey