Sign in to follow this  

is there a free antivirus program ?

who not only scans but fixes viruses ..Michael J.

Guest Heather 636

Check out:www.grisoft.comI use their professional version but they also have a free one.The computer shop I have done business with for years uses this software in all of the computers they sell. So far I have been very pleased with the job it has done. Also, it doesn't seem to cause severe load on the system while doing other things that I HAVE noticed with other well known virus software.They also continuall have updates for any new viruses. I have mine scheduled to automatically check for and download any updates every three days.Good luck!Heather

... same as Heather, Grisoft's AVG... Works fine and doesn't seem to slow things down .....

www.symantec.com has a web based scanner as well ... nothing to install but an applet, and there's nothing on your machine to interfere with FS2K2 when you are finished.Free for all.Ray

Guest Matt Johnson

I use AVG too. Solid as a rock, and a good piece of software.--M

Looks like some solid recommendations.Michael J.

Michael,I've been using H-BEDV Free AntiVirhttp://www.free-av.com/for some time now. There is a commercial version, too, but this version is free for personal use.Regards, Michael

Nice plane in your sig.I'd lighten the prop bit maps a tad!

Thanks, have done already - thought it looked a bit cartoony !!!Will probably change the screenshots some time over the weekend !!