Sign in to follow this  
Jerry_K_Thorne

Primed and ready...

Yesterday was a beautiful day here in the Chattanooga area. I managed to prime all the appropriate aluminum parts of the empennage kit yesterday. I should be putting in some rivets in tonight's session and see something like airfoils take their final shape.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Jerry,Pictures accompanying progress would be greatly appreciated so that we have a good idea of exactly what you are doing. ;-) Meekal

Meekal,I am putting the second half of the horizontal stabilizer together at the moment. I will take some pix and finish off the roll of film, yes, I said FILM, very quickly.Since I have this nice collection of working Miranda 35mm cameras, I enjoy getting high-quality photos from them.You may not have been in the USA in the early days of television when the anchor man on the six o'clock news would report a breaking story and talk about "we will have film at 11". This was before the days of portable video tape systems or microwave/satellite news trucks for live shots during the newscasts.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

At 88.3 hours total work time, the horizontal stabilizer is complete. The vertical stab is next. Since all the parts are fully prepared for assembly, each remaining section should go well. I will be taking some 35mm pix and getting them ready for scanning.Patience Meekal.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

Hey Jerry, since you have invested all that money for all the necessary tools and neat toys to get this thing put together, you might as well go get you a digital camera. That way you can keep me and Meekal updated realtime. :-lol

To heck with that, Scott. Let him get a webcam and hook it up to the internet. That way we can check on him all day long.Best regards.Luis

You guys have to stop reading my mind. Scott, I was looking at the sale flyer from Walmart which had a couple of "cheap" digital cameras on the back cover. Luis, I don't know about that video camera thing. Comcast would cut back my modem speed for being a bandwidth hog in my neighborhood.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

You got to love those pre-punched parts! My first horizontal stab, was drill as you go, and required a rediculous amount of time to jig and drill. It also allowed more chance of being out of "rig". I damaged it somewhere along the line, and bought the newer version which is pre-puched and everything lines up exactly. Even replaced a wing skin five years after the original, and all the computer pre-punched holes line up exactly.BTW--- here is a link to the 4 seater version, they're working onhttp://www.vansaircraft.com/public/rv-10int6.htmL.Adamson