Sign in to follow this  
Doc Bryant

Short Final for 18 November

From Avweb's Things Aviating twice weekly newsletter:Pilot: Approach, Cessna 1234, student pilot ... I am at 3500 feet and am otherwise a bit lost. Approach: We will try to help you. Do you see a city, highway, or water tower nearby? Pilot: There is a city nearby with a water tower. Approach: Fly over the water tower and tell us what you see written on it. [pause] Pilot: "Class of '98" (never let it be said the class of 98 did not strive to hit the heights....)Doc Bryant

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Just curious to see how many have read this post. The number will now appear miraculously, thanks to Scott.(Curious language fact: Did you know that there are TWO Spanish words in "miraculous"? You figure it out.)Best regards.Luis

What's miraculous is that I have been gone almost a week and nothing much changes, LOL.Doc Bryant

Right you are, Doc. We now have less than 30 days left in FALL, and nothing yet from ETC on ProTrainer. I got fired up after seeing the guys at Oshkosh back in July, but since then, well...I guess that is why it is so quiet here.As for me and the state of the RV-9A project:I have finished the rudder tonight and temporarily mounted it to the vertical stabilizer to check the hinge alignment. I also got the trim tab ready to fit the hinge. I put in 8.7 hours today in two work sessions - total work time is now 106.3 hours.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.