Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

Who is in charge here?

Our moderator, Meekal, has not been showing much of his presence lately. Has he gone on the lam? taken a powder? skeedaddled? (insert your favorite quaint American idiom here.)I realize that the world is in a very sorry state (but, then, isn't it always so?) and needs a sober and experienced hand to guide its affairs.But, we need our moderator, too. I feel like marching down Pennsylvania Avenue with a sign in one hand asking "Give us our Meekal back" and another in the other hand proclaiming "Down with globalization!" That should get some attention.Best regards.LuisS.I.C., as usual

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Brother Luis:I have been in Chicago, now twice this month, so I have not been paying any heed to The Moderator's disappearance. Did you note his picture on the back of a milk carton yet? That's a sure sign he has beat feet, kiyied to the house, hasta la casa, et al.I found neither Judge Crater or Jimmy Hoffa while in the City With the Broad Shoulders. I did find more than a handfull of good places to eat. Had to return to West Texas though, my cigar supply was running short!Doc Bryant

Glad to have you, back, Doc. But, Meekal seems to have "vamoosed" - is that something they say in your part of the world?Lots of wonderful eateries in Chicago, but isn't it getting a little chilly to be heading up that way?Best regards.Luis

Brother Luis:It was indeed too damn cold for my liking. I went to the Berghoff and told the waiter to get me out of this hot winter jacket and into a cold lager...At at the Rosebud on Taylor street, The Grill Room (twice), the Chicago Chop House, and a few other lesser places I dined in a style befitting my idiom. I even wrote up two of the places in review for my cigar club's monthly newsletter.In Chicago speak, he "amskrayed", and of course here in Texas, he made like cow manure and hit the trail....Doc Bryant

Luis abd Doc,There you guys go again creating mischief. The REAL Moderator is Doc who is now trying to duck his responsibilities claiming that he is travelling, etc. Doc is, in a word, inimicable and in my book, a deserved Moderator for this august Forum. Meekal

Joe:I have never carried a Peacemaker, the Colt's patented version or the later one that was nuclear. For some time now I have preferred, and packed a Para Ordnance stainless steel high capacity 45 auto. In this body, I carry the Random House American Heritage dictionary. In a pinch, you can deliver one heck of a whack with it, perhaps not as stylishly as one can using the Singapore Switch though.Doc BryantNot the Moderator, nor even someone who looks like him

Doc,I've noticed your command of the written word. I usually have The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language in my lap when reading the ProPilot forum. I try to keep up. But, not even a Google search helped me with the Singapore Switch.Joe

Joe:The Singapore Switch was a device used herein by Lindy, our Moderatrix to keep the rabble in line. And also, using the same technique with a sand wedge, to help cure her mouse problem. You might ask Scott or Tom to help you revisit those postings. Scott would be the better one to ask for that kind of help. Tom (aka Tommy) kept launching coffee at the monitor as he was reading those posts. Thankfully he was not consuming Chee-Tos.I could not find the original thread which introduced the Singapore Switch. Perhaps I did not search with my usual diligence.Doc BryantStill not the Moderator, or even someone who looks like himWake up Dan, see if you twigged to where that line came from....:+lol

It is so comforting to see a healthy competition for such a desirable job as that of moderator. And, no doubt, Doc could easily fill this office to great advantage, and, any other office, as well.However, we chose Meekal for the post a long time ago because of his great qualities, not to mention his inimitable sense of humor, particularly when he denies that he is the moderator.Now, as the world once again enters into one of the dark moments of its history, is not the time to change leaders. Instead, we should form ranks behind Meekal and let him take (drag?) us boldly into this new and perilous millenium.Best regards.Luisyes, S.I.C.

Luis,You make it sound as if ETC is about to release ProTrainer. That of course, would increase the traffic on this forum and bring the need for a moderator to control this crowd to a new level of need.Sorry Doc, did not mean to get so "wordy". As quiet as it has been here since my news from Oshkosh, well...Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

Jerry:Did you hear me complaining about your verbosity? Heck no. I find the reports of your homebuilding effort quite enthralling. Keep up the good work. Brief us on your progress please.You are accomplishing far more than some of us here (me for one). Just let me ask one thing....No more attempts at sentences like the following puzzler.As quiet as it has been here for the since my news from Oshkosh, well...Doc BryantThe red pencil option still works on my computer.

Two less words now in the edited form. See posting above and and the new post at the top of the list (shortly).Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

Brother Luis:Competition for moderator my arse. Lets see if that one slips past the censor.Dark Moments in History, is that the Christmas shopping season to which you refer?If its the other unpleasantness, I guess I am an optimist in that I see some nasty things out there, but even more nasty things occurring to those that perpetrate those vile deeds in the name of misinterpretation of sacred texts. Hellfire missiles launched off from glorified radio control model aircraft have a tendency to ruin one's day if you are playing "catcher" that day.And then there was the recent attempted hijacking of a Alitalia jet I believe...A man who hijacked a French jet in 1999 struck again Wednesday, threatening to blow up a flight over Switzerland with 57 passengers aboard, police said. He surrendered after the plane landed in southern France and no one was hurt.The French sure know how to fight crime don't they?The man, identified by French police as Stefano Savorani, a former Italian policeman with a history of mental illness, claimed to be a member of the al-Qaida terrorist network and brandished a TV remote control he said was connected to a bomb, authorities said.Probably connected to a Samsung TV set. Those are pretty dangerous. Anyone care to comment on the fact that this guy used to be an Italian cop? Did he get fired for being nuts, or didn't anyone think that was unusual?In 1999, Savorani hijacked an Air France jetliner flying from Marseille to Paris with 76 passengers and forced it to detour to a different Paris airport, where he held a dozen people hostage for three hours.Practice makes perfect."Oh God, he's done it again," the Italian news agency ANSA quoted his mother, Orella Savorani, as saying. "I've been anxious for hours because he didn't come home at lunchtime.""Ma, do you want anything from France? Back in a while...."French police said Savorani also commandeered an Italian train in 1998 with a toy gun, but no charges were pressed against him because of his mental illness.And the fact that he professed ignorance in how to steer the train also may have been a factor. Unconfirmed reports also state that Inspector Clouseau handled the first hijacking case for the French Police.So, as politically uncorrect as the above passage might be, at least we can still look at some of the absolutely lunatic doings around the world and still chuckle at the absolute absurdity of it all.Doc Bryantreaffirmed as not the moderator!

Doc,Your perspective on these matters is always refreshing. As Lou Dobbs says on CNN: "I analyze the news and give my opininons. It's my job."Your colorful reporting with opinions is much appreciated here, and most entertaining. It is part of what makes this place so enjoyable.Two new posts above from me: ProTrainer and RV-9A status. Hopefully those will get some additional activity going here.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.