Sign in to follow this  
Jerry_K_Thorne

A few web pages... RV-9A project.

One of the nice things about being a webmaster is putting a few pages together for yourself. Most of you have seen two of these pages, but I have some non-pilot friends who ask how my airplane project is going. Here is what I have put together for them.http://www.qrf.com/RV9A.htmJerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello Jerry,I managed to "blow" the cut on my fiberglass spinner this evening...Supposed to have 1/16" to 1/8" around the prop, but by the time, I was done, it was more like 1/4". Van's needs more of my money for a new spinner anyway!! :)Keep the pics coming, and hopefully you won't buy two of everything, like it seems I have !!!!L.Adamson

Actually, the empennage kit came with three horizontal stabilizer tips, so I have one to practice on. Other than that, there have been no other extra parts. I am thinking about ordering some extra #6 plate nuts to be able to put the rudder bottom glass tip on and off. I am also thinking about the ability to do the same thing with the tip on the vertical stab. I may want to put a red beacon light up there. I get the idea that it might be a good idea to put the fairings on the tail that way as well around the HS and VS where they join the fuselage.I saw a nice VOR antenna setup the other day on an RV-6 at Lawrenceville, GA airport (KLZU). It was on the bottom of the tail boom about 2 feet ahead of the tie-down eyebolt and just below where the rudder cables came out of the fuselage sides.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

An email from Van's says that my wing kit is being crated this week. It should ship early next week (if not before). I will let you all know when it arrives.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.