Sign in to follow this  
Guest richpress

Producing maps using Propilot 99

Short of buying sectional maps I found that the feature "Position Aircraft" provides the means to produce excellent maps to fly by. I use the screen capture program "Snagit" by TechSmith(www.techsmith.com) to capture enough images to produce a reasonably sized map say 6deg by 4deg. These images are combined using Snagit Studio.The map is then edited inverting the colour and using the fill in tool to colour land & waterways to enhance the map.Individual smaller maps can then be cropped from this profile suitable for use with a desired flight plan. Details of the flight plan can be superimposed on to the map.(see example images) The process takes about an hour depending on its complexity but the effort provides a worthwhile improvement to the flight experience. I seem to have a problen uploading the files.Perhaps I could email them to those interested.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello Rich,What exactly is your problem with the library? It should be easy to resolve and Scott can probably provide the solution.Best regards.Luis