Sign in to follow this  

Well, I guess the time has come for this forum...

No regular appearance from our esteemed moderator, Meekal. Yeah I know, Meekal, you were railroaded into it but that doesn't let you off the hook. Even Doc's visits have become sparse. No doubt he'll claim he was off on some trip or something. The posting activity seems to continue to dwindle and our beloved flightsim has been dead for a number of years now with no sign of resurrection in sight.We have reverted to a play by play from Jerry on his homebuilding project as we have nothing on-topic to talk about anymore.It seems many of our regulars have moved onto so called greener pastures in the arms of other flightsims and maybe it is time for those of us left over to do the same. You hear that Doc, let loose the death grip on Propilot and really start to accept FS2002. I think you can if you really try. You know Larry's right.The clock has been ticking on this forum for a while now and maybe it is time to finally put a number on it. So what do you guys and Lindy think, maybe another week or two, and then we'll pull the covers over this forum and close the doors.So with that said, I'll wait for comments from the rest of you that still hang around as I would like a concensus on when the time should be.So I hopeeveryone checksin so I can seehow many feathersI ruffled with that.Just wanted to wake those people up asleep over there in the corner! :-lol

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You are right, of course, Scott.Yet, I had hoped, as we are not making loud noises or behaving scandalously here in our little corner, that the powers-that-be would ignore us and let us continue as a fiendly meeting place for like-minded people to discuss things other than our now-defunct flight simulator (but, including aviation!)And, occasionally, once every 8 or 10 months, someone shows up asking about Voodoo cards or volutil. If you are looking for justification.And, we provide a place where Larry can show up and defend Microsoft Flight Simulator - although he seems to do that in just about every forum.Plus, we give purpose to Meekal's life and an alternative in case he ever decides to give up his day job.And, it is just hard to say good-bye. Where would we go? The Microsoft Flight Simulator forum, and get lost in the crowd? Would you put us out in the cold? In the holiday season?Oh well, che sera, sera. (And, weren't you crazy about Doris Day? Don't lie, I know you liked her.)Best regards.Luis

Scott:How much does it cost Avsim to host our Forum?Does Avsim have a requirement of a certain number of posts per month?So what if the forum is reduced to a play by play of building a small aeroplane? I see little harm in allowing this forum to stay around. I see little justification for closing it. Besides, we have not seen what the fellows that bought the program from the fellows that bought the program have done yet.Additionally, I would say more and undoubtedly profound things except I am floating along on a lortab, coffee and a good cigar. Sometimes, a knee injury can be a nice thing.Doc Bryant

You hear that Doc, let loose the death grip on Propilot and really start to accept FS2002. I think you can if you really try. You know Larry's right.Not a snowball's chance in Hades will I remove PP99 from this machine. And similarly, there is not a freakin chance that I will pick up the MS fly stuff. I have Train Sim and I find it so abominably dismal that I can not see any earthly reason why I would go out and spend a farthing on another program that causes me to spend hours on end downloading stuff.I could give a rats butt what LA does with his programs. I wish him well with it. To each his own.And if one of my relatives happens to send me FS/CFS/Such BS for Christmas, I can assure one and all, it will be at the range the very next day, serving as a target.In fact, over the holidays I plan on upgrading the Leviathan Lite, with its Voodoo V5000 card and 1 gig of ram to more speedy stuff just for the purpose of cranking PP up even more.Dead? To you perhaps. Not here. Not ever.Doc Bryant

Like the man said, we are the place with the knowledge of all things mystical about Pro Pilot. And of course, those of here will be among the first to embrace ETC Pro Trainer. I know that today is the first day of WINTER, and the FALL of 2002 is officially over and there is not a word from ETC Interactive. http://www.etc-interactive.com/ Even though there is nothing on that web page about a release date, hope springs eternal.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

Before I receive any hate mail from my fellow Propiloters, I thought I might make it clear this was all in joking. As is haha, the forum isn't going anywhere.Note to self: Scott must be careful with his attempts at humor to close the forum. :-)

Note to self: Scott must be careful with his attempts at humor to close the forum. Note to Scott:We'll handle the jokes around here. :-swordDoc BryantWas looking for the Singapore Switch. All I could find was this cane. Which is mighty useful right about now.

> And similarly, there is not a freakin chance >that I will pick up the MS fly stuff. I have Train Sim and >I find it so abominably dismal that I can not see any >earthly reason why I would go out and spend a farthing on >another program that causes me to spend hours on end >downloading stuff. >>I could give a rats butt what LA does with his programs. I >wish him well with it. To each his own. >That's okay Doc...............If FS2002 was like Train sim, or even Microsoft's CFS3------ I wouldn't be using it much either......!!! :)L.Adamson

>We have reverted to a play by play from Jerry on his >homebuilding project as we have nothing on-topic to talk >about anymore. >But the play by play should be "good" for another 2 to 10 years! :)Mine is "slowly" coming to an end...............but it's now in sight..L.Adamson

HAH! I never bought it for a moment!'Scuse me... I have to go change my underwear. :-)And while I'm here, I'd like to wish all my ProPilot Forum friends a joyous holiday season and a mighty fine new year!

:-beerchug

A special "thumbs up" to Jerry Thorne for allowing us to view his RV-9A construction project. Absolutely fascinating, in my opinion. Thanks also to Larry Adamson for the pictures he too has provided of his RV during assembly.[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]

Since I don't have a 2-car garage, I can never put one wing on the fuselage while I live at my current location. Looking GOOD!!!Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

Thanks Jerry..For nearly three years, I built my RV in a 10*16 shed, which was a bit tight. I bought this house because of the "garage". My son had framed it for a builder I knew, and I came along to install the heating and A/C, and ended up buying it.Three car garage with heat, cable TV (for Discovery Wings) to stay motivated, scanner, phone, and fridge! We can park the airplane and one car. The plane can actually be castored out the double door sideways, but as it turns out, the wings have to be taken off one more time, to put all the "nut plates" on the wing root; to attach the the 4" wide piece of aluminum that fills the gap between wing & fusalage, where all the fuel connections are made. I don't LIKE taking the wings off a tri-gear!! Far too many tight bolts, but then yours is a different design, and I don't know if it's any easier..L.Adamson

Scott,I may surprise you, and others, but I check in here almost every day. I am delighted to learn from the posts below that your decision to close this Forum attracted such scorn from the regulars! Surely you did not think that the reaction would be otherwise? LOL!Take care all.Meekal

Meekal:Scorn? That's not the half of it. I was wondering if there just happened to be a slot open in the Aleutians for a weather observer.Let's see if anyone rises to that bait.Speaking of bait, where's the Porkmeister these days?Doc BryantGetting ready for my Christmas Eve party song, "Still Gimping after all these Beers."

I think Scott's post was maybe designed to lure you out and trap you, Meekal...careful!But, I guess we all know now what kind of 'fun' Scott is going to try on April 1. Grrrr. Grrrr. :-8Scott, respect Meekal's Autho-ri-tah! If you do what I think you're planning, Doc might have to gimp you about the head and ears, after we set you up with Luis to sweet-talk and the Porkster to distract you, while Joe blinds you with camera flashes. Such is the way of the master planner. April is only 4 months away, eh?Ok, that's my best threatening and intimidating. Sorry I missed the fun.Ted