Sign in to follow this  
Jerry_K_Thorne

RV-9A wing kit is in transit.

The wing kit has left Van's Aircraft and is headed for Albuquerque on ABF freight lines. Delivery is expected to be next Friday, January 3rd here in the Chattanooga area.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Please do keep us posted, Jerry. With plenty of pictures.The blow-by-blow account is fascinating.Best regards.Luis

OK, Luis. There are two RV pilots stopping by my place today. One is a retired military pilot who is building an RV-8. He and I are at the same stage of construction. He lives about 10 miles from my place by car. We will be helping each other rivet on the wings as needed.The other RV pilot is the local EAA consultant and holds an A&P license. We start the paperwork today on the inspections toward my repairman's certificate for this RV-9A aircraft.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

Luis,The two crates from Van's are in Salt Lake City with Albuquerque as the next stop enroute to Chattanooga.The EAA consultant found four rivets on the horizontal stabilizer that needed to be replaced. I had thought so myself, but was glad to get a second opinion, since they are in a difficult place to work well and required an odd-shaped bucking bar to get seated. He loaned me two of his bars to try in those tight spots.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

Guys,The wing kit is in Atlanta, loading to come to Chattanooga - hopefully on an overnight truck to be delivered tomorrow.I updated my web pages on the wing and the empennage pages. Go here to see what's new: www.qrf.com/RV9A.htm I finally got around to using my digital camera in the LOW RES mode for doing "internet photos". They don't look too bad. I also made sure that Front Page 98 did not screw them up like the others that were pixelated poorly. I re-saved some of those bad pix with better resolution and compression ratio.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

Let the inventory begin! Make it so!Just wanted to let you know the latest Luis, Doc and all of you here on the ProPilot Forum!Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.