Sign in to follow this  

A review of MSFS02, by an eminently qualified reviewer

Bah, it's ok.I hate this windows cockpit concept -- when you try to look over the dash or move it out of the way, you just see black space, not the ground. What's up with that? Limitations, limitations, each sim has its strengths, okay, okay. PP is definitely much nicer to deal with for the views, though the eye-candy in FS shows much loving attention and is appreciated. The ATC is pretty basic, which I find kind of suprising, given all the hullabaloo. Time to actually go learn ProController, I guess.I'm sure glad I made this a present and didn't spend money!Still, I've had an enjoyable couple of days fooling with it, suppose I haven't yet found some of the functionality, and suppose an addon or two will change the nature of the beast a bit. I like the autopilot and tutorial functions, and the included articles. Perhaps my expectations were too high. Score: three stars and a little sliver, fair. System: Parents, joystick not includedOutlook: Going home to Montreal tomorrow, where the joystick and the slower system lies.Time Flown: 7.3561 hours over 2.2748 daysSorry Larry, I'll stick with it -- did I at least get your goat a little? :-newburn Ahhhh, Merry Christmas, youse. It's a good present.TedKCGX

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Ted:I think I have figured out the photo. The guy in the dark outfit is trying to give a Microsoft product to the fellow in the red. Who is none too happy about it.Doc Bryant

>Bah, it's ok. >>I hate this windows cockpit concept -- when you try to look >over the dash or move it out of the way, you just see black >space, not the ground. What's up with that? Okay, I suppose I'll have to respond....No..............you're not suppose to see a "black space"!! :)FS2002 is set up with many panel/view options. For starters, if you want "no" panel, then hit the "W" key. Other panels are set up with all kinds of click points to give partial panels, right side panels, overhead panels, and floor pedestals.Now, should you insist on dragging the panel down with the mouse, then you can do the same with the scenery to fill the black space. I just never have to do that..With your very limited FS2002 experience, and NO add-ons, can you really give a worthwhile review ?.......................... a few pics:

and a few more...... (FS2002)The Hawaii I was hoping for with Pro-Pilot 2000, but it didn't work out....

>With your very limited FS2002 experience, and NO add-ons, >can you really give a worthwhile review >?.......................... Mais, Monsieur Larry, didn't you see the title?? I am the EMINENT REVIEWER!:-hah :-spam1Apparently I did get your goat! x( :-8 Don't be cross, L, I'm having a good time with the sim, just trying to stir up a little poo and keep it interesting, lest the PP forum descend in to a love-fest. I understood that Pork might return, should there be a fire in need of putting out, too. If I offended you, self confessed Microsoft shill, here in front of all the Avsim world, I apologise. I was wrong to provoke, even in jest.(And, as Luis will attest, I think there are quite a few closeted FS02 users out there.)Though you be not mine, I still beyours,Ted :-badteeth

Since Larry's showing off MSFS02 pics, I thought I may as well show off my rugby simulator pictures.The first picture, I'm the one in the middle background. We were a bit tired. To give you the idea of the size of some of these other guys, I'm 5'8 and 180 lbs.Second picture, I'm number 13 (and no, number 13 is not supposed to be running the scrum -- we had a rough match that day, but fun.Cheers all!Ted

Hey Ted, Is that mud on your face? Did some bully rub your nose in the dirt?I hope you broke a couple of his teeth.That rugby simulator looks like a lot of fun! And no darn virtual cockpits.By the way, Larry, this is the ProPilot forum, not the "my screenshots of suicidal aerobatics" forum. And please do not point the nose of your airplane straight down - it gives me the jitters.Happy holidays to all.Best regards.Luis

Just like in RC model flying, the pilot always walks away from a crash. My last one was in 1982, and then I laughed loudly, since there was no more tension. Besides, when I built a new version of that model, it came it out lighter and with a better flap installation. I still have the replacement airplane to this day, although it has not flown in 10 years.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

>Apparently I did get your goat! x( :-8 Not really................. as I've been doing this too long..L.Adamson ---- ex Pro-Pilot shill

>Hey Ted, >>Is that mud on your face? Did some bully rub your nose in >the dirt? >>I hope you broke a couple of his teeth. >>That rugby simulator looks like a lot of fun! And no darn >virtual cockpits. >Oh now that you mention it I do have a little mud on me, unfortunate by-product of 'hello, thank you for giving me the ball....oh hello opposition player...oh look, I know you're bigger than me, but there's a gentlemanly way to do this whole tackling bit...oh dear, I understand that you may feel the need to stop this ball, but no piling on like that...hello? Is anyone listening? It's not very nice to sit on my head like that, you know...' And so forth. The bigger men are too smart to accept the ball when presented the chance. That's kind of what happens, and yup it's a lot of fun -- but I couldn't possibly break his teeth. You see, we have to drink beer and sing lewd songs in the bar together later. (One referee for thirty homicidal men on the pitch, and we all get along nicely -- let's see those football people try that trick!):-beerchug ted,on AA 597 ORD to YUL in about two hours....

Sign in to follow this