Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

It is with great regret that I have to announce...

that Scott is smoking something he shouldn't be. :-lolI really need to visit this forum more often. I read his message about the demise of this forum just like everyone else did initially. We had talked about paring down the forums, but this one was never in consideration as far as I was concerned. So, when I read his "joke" (son, we have to have a talk about the definition of that word), I went into apolectic shock. So, just to put to rest any concerns that "management" here might have been involved in this little attempt at humor, please be assured, we weren't.AVSIM may well go the way of the dodo, or may well end up being subsumed into a larger RACING FOCUSED (NASCAR 4 RULZ!!!) site, but there will always be a "Propilot" family forum in some incarnation. As I have said in the past, it will only be when they rip my keyboard from my cold, withered, Carpal Tunnel infested nubs, will this forum see its demise.Having said that, maybe we should rename this forum from ProPilot to something like:"Sonorous Economics and Family Values","Meekal's Smackdown Dowa Ditty Family","Lindy's Lavacious BBQ","Pork Fat RULZ Dude!!!!","The World of Smilies and How to Succeed in Finding a Love Interest With them!"Oh, oh.. I forgot..."Cousin Maynard's School of Obedience","Doc's School of Pet, Cigars, and Fine Food Management"....Okay, we are open to suggestions. Any? :)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Tom:Over a grand in posts, and you missed that it's Brother Maynard. As in Brother Maynard, Keeper of the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.Is apolectic shock related to apoplectic shock?Pork seems to have taken a powder, so Meekal, being the Moderator In Fact, should chose any new nom de plume for this journal.And you missed noting the two sparring partners of Sims, now both assembling wing spars and other riveting bits, which one might call "LA and Jerry's Alternative Aircraft and Simulator Site."Doc BryantHandling the hubris with a double maduro Hoyo De Monterrey Sultan.

Thanks for being the wordsmith today, Doc. Tom dropped the "p" when typing as I sometimes do on some common words - although that one was not "common".Honorable mention for the aircraft construction is appreciated. I will post wing kit arrival pictures later this evening on my web pages for all to see. For now, I have to run to dinner and Walmart before the night gets much later.I presume that line below your name refers to an exotic "SEE-GAR". Where are Penelope and Cooter Brown when you need them? (Only ProPilot "old timers" will get that gag line.)Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.(Down South to y'all!)

Not an "exotic" as in reference to a cigar made in a small island nation 90 miles or so south of Florida. This one's my four or five a dayer.The Montecristo #2's, Romeo and Julietas (the real ones), Bolivars, and Ramon Allones (Habanas) I smoke less frequently.I have never had need of Penelope and Cooter. They were the literary comparable to a prostate examination.Doc Bryant

I must admit, I have some distant relatives who were "Cooter and Penelope" type characters. They seemed to always have a "sun burn" just above the collar and below the hairline.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

Well, Tom has made my day. I was convinced that he would never axe the forum, and that Scott was only joking. Still, the whole episode was somewhat disturbing.Particularly, when our moderator, Meekal, did not step up to bat right away. I would hate to have to switch to another moderator, so Meekal will just have to make a greater effort concerning his presence here.Perhaps we should change the name of the forum, and all of Tom's suggestions are pretty good. How about we alternate and change the name once a week?Maybe we could call it the hula girl forum for a while:http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e1710307a5d0496.gif http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e17105d7b9e4277.gifAll right, they are not smileys, but I like themhttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e1710b77cdb117f.gifBest regards.Luis

Brother Luis:Can't you tell Meekal is busy? You can not pick up a business daily, weekly or monthly without seeing some expert bemoaning this country's or that country's currency woes.That's our boy at work. Kinda makes you proud. You have to wonder sometimes, did we give him the right direction in life? And then, whammo, he pots some lesser sub Saharan nation's legal tender. Then gives the Argentines the old "one two."So sit back, let the boy have his fun. You and I can step in here as needed. Now that Tom has cuffed Scott around. And invest in metal in case Meekal decides to torpedo your legal tender. The metals I would invest in? Gold, Silver, platinum and a decent Colt 45.Doc Bryant

Oh my. I gave up those in College. In retrospect I think it's a good thing I had to give the Avsim Reno event a miss. I sense another hand would have been dipping into my humidor.Doc Bryant

"I sense another hand would have been dipping into my humidor."Not unless it also contained a fifth of single malt scotch.. :-lol My appreciation for "fine" cigars is right up there with my appreciation for "fine" ballets. I don't know what the connection between cigars and tutus is, but it must be a Clinton'esque kind of thing. :-lol

So you're telling us in your Runyon-esque way that you would go watch elephants dance Swan Lake if someone gave you a stogie?It would take multiple fine cigars to entice me to watch the ballet. Or sit through any one of the Ring Cycle operas.Doc Bryant

Doc,You will have to excuse me for making my voice heard now, normally i settle with the joy of reading what you fine gentlemen are up to. I know you are a close society of which only a few people have the "understanding" for, understood correctly.What inspires me to make my voice heard at this moment is your most serious cigar interest :-)I too have my personal humidor filled with aromas (enough to persuade you to have one each time you dare open the thing).But i rarely have more than two a day as i feel perfectly satisfied after having my first.Five double Maduro Hoyo de Monterrey Sultan a day is a huge amount for me (they are Churchill class afterall). It makes me wonder when you started smoking? You said something about having stogies in college? Personally i can not recall my first cigar and i am still very young for beeing a cigar smoker.My first recommendation to you is an aged Macanudo Crystal, "Nothing short of spectacular" as they say... Off-topic? what IS that anyway?// Daniel

Daniel:To each his own, they say. Macanudo's, of any variety, are a bit light in the flavor department for me. That's why my regular diet is the Hoyo De Monterrey. And that's the regular due to not being able to get the Hoyo De Nicaragua's of old (Presidente or Viajante sized).If you want to try something that might entice you away from the Macanudo's, look into the Drew Estate's Naturals. Might even save you a few quid on your purchases. And if you find you do like a more full bodied smoke, see about a Padron Anniversario.No topic is too off topic here.And yes, I have been smoking cigars for many years, through six presidents I think.Doc Bryant

Tom,I had been wondering about your silence over Scott's "humour" and suspected you were in cahoots with him. Glad and relieved to see you are not. Meekal

We miss you when you go away too long. When you are here, Lindy seems to check in regularly as well.I am really working hard to get here tonight from the Dallas, Texas area on a dial-up connection that just won't go any faster than 14.4! Yuck!!!! Bad HOTEL PBX lines.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.