Sign in to follow this  
Guest richpress

Voodoo II 3dfx

I operate win 95 on a pentium 1 200mhz cpu 128 ram.I can achieve satisfactory frame rates with PP 99 and the voodoo 2 card provides good graffics. My problen is that The display properties window for the voodoo card will not allow me to up the resolution to use with other sims. I can activate the slider but it will not apply. Has anybody had a similar problem?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

When I used my old Banshee on a P200MMX to run ProPilot 99, the old monitor I had was limited to 800 x 600 for "other" programs. Of course PP99 runs in 3D mode ONLY in 640 x 480.The choice of monitor driver that you are using may be limiting the top resolution via Windows controls, not because the video card cannot do it. And of course, if your monitor won't do higher resolutions, then you are stuck. My old monitor would do 1024 x 768, but only via interlace scanning. The Banshee and other newer video boards could not support interlace scanning, so I was limited to 800 x 600 as my maximum resolution.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

I am so out of practice using Voodoo cards and Win 95, but let me takea stab at it.Can you go through the Control Panel window of Win 95 to change the resolution or is the card's control window the only method of changing display resolution?Changing the subject slightly, going to other sims and trying to get the equivalent graphic presentation and frame rates that you are seeing now might be a bit much to expect.Maybe if Jerry Thorne is not out in his garage building his flying machine he could help you. He seems to have a knack with the electronics bits.Well, I did not see Jerry slipping in the back door to answer as I was writing. Quiet sort of fellow he is at times. I did find this link to things Voodoo....http://www.geocities.com/k_lupinsky/3Dfx.htmDoc Bryant

Doc,This week I am on the road. Fort Worth on Monday, Dallas early Tueday, Tulsa in the late afternoon. Wednesday morning in OKC, then Wichita, Kansas later that day. Emporia, KS on Thursday with Overland Park/Kansas City area ending the week before heading back home. The Caddy and I are tooling around collecting mileage funds.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

Jerry:Pop out a bit more westward of Ft. Worth and we might have to do a meal sometime.Doc Bryant

>This week I am on the road. Fort Worth on Monday, Dallas >early Tueday, Tulsa in the late afternoon. Wednesday >morning in OKC, then Wichita, Kansas later that day. >Emporia, KS on Thursday with Overland Park/Kansas City area >ending the week before heading back home. The Caddy and I >are tooling around collecting mileage funds. >>Jerry K. Thorne >East Ridge, TN. What! And you haven't contacted me! That's it, next time part of your plane is on its way to you via OKC, it will get sidetracked. lolSeriously Jerry, if you are available Wednesday morning for a brief spell, I will be just getting off work around 6-6:30am and would love to grab breakfast or just hook up with you to meet you.Let me know if your schedule will allow you the time.

Do you mean you go into the Display properties, change your slider to a higher resolution, click apply and it just goes right back to were it was to begin with? If so, what resolution are you at and what are you trying to increase it to? My experience with this particular problem is usually an indication of improperly installed drivers for your graphics card. But it has been a long time since I messed with the addon Voodoo cards to remember how they reacted to problems. I had a first generation Voodoo 4 meg and never had a minutes problem, but it was pretty limited in resolution.

It has been a very long time since I have been to that part of Texas. Rest assured that I will advise you IF I am heading your way. I met up with Tom in the Orlando area a few years ago, so anything is possible. Unfortunately, I am as far west as I am going on this trip, right now.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.