Sign in to follow this  

ETC in the news...

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Casey,I wonder if ETC has more or less decided that to release their program for the general public, i.e. the re-incarnated Pro Pilot, would only serve to dilute the $$viability of their GAT-II trainer package to the customers that GAT-II would be directed toward? In other words, why would GAT-II purchasers be motivated to spend the big bucks for the same code that you and me could buy for a fraction of the cost of GAT-II!Oh well :(Den

Unless ETC has spent thousands of hours upgrading Pro-Pilot from what it was (even Pro-Pilot 2000), then I wouldn't use it even if it was "given" to me. SPP/PP99 was advanced for it's time, but has been FAR surpassed since then.BTW--- check out this new freeware P-51 for FLYII, by ROTWL.Adamson

I saw the GAT-II at Oshkosh this past summer. It is a $97,000 box on a hydraulic mount that provides three-axis movement tied to the input to the control yoke and rudder pedals inside the box. The "windshield" is a large flat-screen monitor which has a plastic overlay mask on the bottom half of the screen. That overlay has holes over the "instruments" and real knobs adjacent to them to input data to the computer controller. Of course all the other knobs and switches on the radios are connected as well.As far as upgrading PP99 as a stand alone package, it was advertised, but has not been delivered. I have a data sheet in my posession from that visit. I posted on this forum from my motel room after my first day at Oshkosh.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

SPP/PP99 was advanced for it's time, but has been FAR surpassed since then.A lot of things around Casa Doc have been far surpassed. Like my waistline.But I still use it."Advanced Flight sim? With all sorts of wonderful never ending downloads? We don't need no steenkin Advanced Flight Sim."*Doc Bryant*from that now forgotten (by some people) movie, The Flight Sim of S----- Madre."

Hi Larry,I don't think that ETC will be offering you a free copy based on your comments, but I am more worried about that first picture you posted. It looks like it is all upside down :)Den

Den:Didn't recognize it? It's the STAR 1 approach to Smoking Hole Air Force Base. :-eekDoc Bryant

I really wish that Larry would not post his upside-down pictures. They make me dizzy.Best regards.Luis

For those of you who are interested in learning more about the new generation of ProPilot aimed at student pilot training, the ProTrainer website is up and the software seems to be available. I presume it's not for the general public though.http://www.etcaircrewtraining.com/ats_protrainer.htmThey also sell a full fixed cockpit (no motion unlike GATII) with two seats and a visual display. It is probably very expensive, but looks neat nonetheless.Take care,Fred

Thanks Fred!It looks like they might make you buy a new computer from them to get the program. That's sad :( I don't need a high priced computer, but I wish I had the CD of the program. It brings back fond memories of PP99.Too bad, that the top dog at S***** didn't have the foresight to finish PP2000, but there I go crying over spilt milk. I sent them an email to find out about pricing, so I will post what I find out.Den

Sign in to follow this