Sign in to follow this  
Jerry_K_Thorne

Luis, WING KIT page 5 is now online.

Guys,I have the latest installment of the RV-9A construction project posted for all to see. The usual link to my menu page with links there to all the pages. http://www.qrf.com/RV9A.htm Or you can just click the link below to go directly to the new wing kit page 5.http://www.qrf.com/RV9A005.htm The current construction time on the airframe is 214.8 hours including incoming parts inventory and sorting.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This is coming along very nicely, Jerry.What does the factory claim as build time for this model?Best regards.Luis

I have heard of 2000 hours being a typical build time, usually spread out over 2 to 5 years. A guy and his father have the record of 89 days from start to finish, but they did nothing else. They did not have a job that interfered with them. They were on "leave" or were wealthy enough not to worry about such mundane things.One of the RV web sites does a thing called "RV of the week" which gives the answer to that question about build times. That site is known as "Van's Air Force" and is linked from Van's web site.I got an email this morning telling me the last of my backordered wing kit parts is now enroute via UPS ground. I will have to arrange for my landlord to get the stuff for me since I will be traveling again next week for the company.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

Only ONE landing light was shipped - I ordered TWO. All the metal work arrived and I was able to get the LEFT fuel tank assembled and drilled to the wing spar. Check out the two new photos on page 6. Use the link in the message above this one.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

Do you have to line that fuel tank, Jerry? And how much will you be able to carry in the tanks?Best regards.Luis

All the seams and rivet holes are sealed with a 2-part compound that is mixed in a 10-to-1 ratio and is worked like epoxy, and it is impervious to gasoline. It is commonly called "Proseal". Each tank holds 18 U.S. gallons for a total of 36.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

Black, gooey, get on everything Pro-Seal.............. :-lol :-lol :-lol Just get lot's & lot's of those thin rubber gloves from a pharmacy. 50 pair or so, should do! :)Sealing the tanks isn't too fun, fitting the canopy isn't either. One more "suck" job to go............... fiberglassing the forward windscreen.L.Adamson ----- 90% done & 90% to go. It's true!!!! :)