Sign in to follow this  
Doc Bryant

Short Final for 10 February

From those wonderful folks at Avweb, who bring you the twice weekly notam of things newsworthy.Short Final:In the late 80's, I attended Daniel Webster College for my Aviation Management/Flight Operations Degree. At the time there were several AF ROTC candidates on campus and the usual amount of paraphernalia that accompanies their recruitment. While visiting a friend, an ROTC candidate, in his on-campus townhouse, I had to use his "facilities." To my surprise, I noticed a pencil on top of the commode that inappropriately advertised, "Air Force -- Aim High!" Doc Bryant

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Why didn't you just say you were offended, Luis? Between you and brother Maynard, we will end up in class expanding our vocabularies voluminously.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

Jerry:I could not tell that Brother Luis was offended by the Short Final piece. I think that was the first bit of shall we say "bathroom humor" that I have seen that did not involve in flight elimination.So indeed it might just be original.Doc Bryant

Not offended in the least, Jerry. I love "pipi-caca" jokes - they remind me of my giggly adolescence.I used the big words because Doc likes them, and also I was hoping to get a response from Meekal. No luck.Joe has a good scatological story in an airplane (having to do with zip lock bags) - maybe he will recount it for our general hilarity.By the way, Jerry, I really like the assonance -"vocabularies voluminously." Very nice big words, as well.Best regards.Luis

In the words of Ronald Reagan, you did it again. Are we going to have to start calling you professor? Do you use these words on a regular basis or are you just showing off? If you were a test pilot, you would be pushing the envelope.Around these parts, the common folks would say you are one! But then the "Southern Accent" does not instill the belief in "intelligence" in some folks.Just keep us "up to speed" with your "wordsmithing", Luis!Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

Jerry:Do not underestimate our compatriot in flight sims from the verdant isle to the south of us. He did not come in on the last load of turnips.And I thought it was a "southeren" accent.It would have been nice to draw Meekal out of his lair. I want to know what happened to the Vietnamese Coffee market. Not that I want to drink any of that bilge. Oh maybe the World Bank did them in. Not Meekal's gang of brigands and ne'r do wells.Doc Bryant

Yeah, I've been wondering about his whereabouts, too. Can Meekal come out and play with us?As for "Southeren", thass fo fokes frum down sowth Jawja.We are a bit more civilized up here in the northern end of the state where I grew up (Dalton, Georgia). Shucks, now folks in Dalton are 25% Hispanic! Amazing how those carpet factories draw migrant workers looking to put down roots in the USA.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

Or put down Berber, stainmaster, and the odd bit of Pergo flooring.And they make more than I do. Good for them. America has always been and shall always be, the melting pot of the world.Doc Bryant

And Dan Pursel has not checked in here for a while. Nor Dave H., speaking of Georgia (Jawja? sounds like a Wookie.)Best regards.Luis