Sign in to follow this  
Jerry_K_Thorne

A good day today!

While yesterday was spent getting my resume up to date and out to a couple of places, this morning I got a reply from an old business acquaintance and a good possibility. I won't get a chance to discover the details until after March 7th on that one. We shall see.I took advantage of the nice sunny day here and spread out a lot of aluminum on papers and ply board to do some spray priming. I have an awful lot of green tinted aluminum parts now. All the ribs from both wings, and some of the inside of the wing skins are done. I have more skins to do, but will have to wait for another pretty day. I can finish up the wing tanks, which do not get primed inside since the fuel would attack the primer. I also had a chance to reassemble the RIGHT wing to do the fitting of the fuel tank to the wing, which should happen tomorrow!Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yep, you can resume lurking here:http://home.earthlink.net/~n2prise/I will keep posting new photos and pages until the web space runs out. At that time, I may have to invest in a full-blown web site with domain name and all.After checking the site, it appears there are some limits I have already reached since not all the pages are showing up over the web. The whole thing is just over 6 megabytes, mostly the photo content of course. I will look into it with Earthlink.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

It looks like only the links TO and FROM the home page work. The links from page to page do not want to do anything. I see nothing wrong with the coding. It must be an Earthlink thing.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

Took a look at the latest pics. I'll say it again, I'm surprised at the rate of progress you have managed. I'm not sure I could ever keep up at that rate. Since you have had some experience now, what made you and Larry, if you want to chime in, decide on all aluminum instead of composites? It is my understanding working with composites usually requires a lot of special, expensive equipment. Is that the reason, or did you both have other reasons?Jerry, as for your page link problems in your website, I took a look at all your links on the various pages and I was able to get to all pages with some work. Your problem is an inconsistancy with how you named your pages. Keep in mind that html does care about case-sensitivity. I noticed some of your pages use capital letters, while others use lowercase. If the link you provide doesn't match, it won't work. Generally, the accepted practice is to name all your html files in lowercase and upload them the same way. That way you know all your links should be in lowercase also. I noticed this was particularly a problem with your links connected the end of one page to the next. I had better luck with most your direct links on the homepage. Just go back through the website and change everything to lowercase, pages and links, and you should be fine.

Scott,That lower case thing was what I discovered as well. Next time I publish, that will be what will happen. I have thought about renaming all the photos as well.Metal vs. fiberglass: I looked at the Velocity and Glassic Composites version of the Cozy Mark 4. I even paid the money for a ride in the Glassic a couple of years ago. The success of the RV line is just too luring. The efficiency of the pushers above have been met by the RV's. Building a metal airplane is not that bad, now that I have learned the basic skills required. The only thing messy about doing an RV is priming and painting. Everything about fiberglass is messy. Plus, if I fly into a desert area with a GLASS airplane and it is really HOT, it could cure the whole thing even more and BEND it permanently.I have seen a lot of fiberglass satellite antennas built over the years, and I know what can happen to them long term.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

Scott,I'm a "sheet metal" person by trade. Have been in the heating and air conditioning business for 32 years. I'm much more confortable with metal than fiberglass, but the RV is still quite a learning experience. I don't have anything against fibergalss Lancair's or perhaps a Cirrus, however I just prefer aluminum.A couple of friends of mine who are into composites, wouldn't even think aluminum. Afterall, composites allow for more interesting designs. But I'm like Jerry................. they (composites) just might shrivel up in the hot desert!! :)L.Adamson

Scott,I have made the changes and republished all the pages to my RV web site. All is well now. Thanks!Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

Sign in to follow this