Sign in to follow this  
Jerry_K_Thorne

RV-9 page 7 now online.

A new page with three new photos from today's work session. I am fast approaching time to do final assembly and sealing of the fuel tanks. That could happen some time next week. Forgot to put in the link to the new page:http://home.earthlink.net/~n2prise/rv9a007.htmOff to see the Wizard...I will be in Texas for a few days to see my son and grandson, as well as a day trip from Austin to San Antonio to a regional trade show to see some old friends and pass out some resumes. I will check in from on the road when time permits. And yes, I am driving the Caddy and will enjoy the view along the way. For me, getting there is just as much fun as being there. I am going to explore some new roads on this trip - US 79 west of Shreveport.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Jerry - I'm going to have to pay you a visit before you complete it, and maybe put in a rivet or two, if you would so allow.Just now noticed the link on your home RV-9A page regarding your Dec FFC trip. Ahh - home ! Coming in on final from the other end is a little more interesting, what with the golfers being so very close to that end. Take a look at your downwind picture, and look to the left of the runway, and you'll see what I mean. Then again, perhaps you noticed this upon takeoff.Very early in my training my instructor said during the last few seconds on final to 13 that I needed to be a little lower, to which I replied "I bet they don't think so." I do believe a person with a strong arm could fling a golf ball high enough to hit you, or angle a pitching wedge just so.BTW, that F-16 (off to the west side of the flight school and upper hangar) hasn't flown for at least 3 years (unless there was one down at the FBO, which is where it appears the picture of your son w/Garmin was taken). I've been told it has no engine - guess I'll have to take a gander. Of the several CAF aircraft hangared there, there is a North American T-6 that seems to fly "all" the time. Flying in the pattern with it is indeed a privilege, and it conjurs up all kinds of invented memories of early USAAC/USAAF aviation training.Dave H.Fayetteville, GA

You are right about the F-16. My son learned later that it has no engine. I need to update that page accordingly.OK, it's changed!Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

OK, guys, the fun has begun. It was a sunny day here today. I finished all the spray priming of wing skins. I actually started to assemble part of the wing that should now stay together. You can check it out here:http://home.earthlink.net/~n2prise/rv9a008.htmAnd it is looking like I have a job lined up. The phone call is tomorrow to confirm it and set remuneration. :-)Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.