Sign in to follow this  
David_FFC

Logbook Date Bug - Workaround

Has anyone noticed that for certain months, when entering the day number in the logbook (PP99's, not my real one ;) ), then moving to the next field, that the day number goes back to 01 ? I managed to find a work-around - I change the month to 03, then enter the day I want, then change the month to 02. After that, when going to another field, the day stays as I entered. I don't recall what other month I had a problem with, but Feb is bad.Thought I'd mention this in case others have had the same problem but didn't know how to get around it.Dave H.Fayetteville, GA

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Dave:I never have used the logbook in PP. But that is an interesting bug.Here's an old logbook story my father related to me eons ago.When ball point pens came out, there was a very nice one produced by Parker Pen. It's model number was P51. And many many pilots used them for their logbook entries. And about that time, the real P-51 was still quite common place, but sought after by pilots. And some pilots (although not worthy of the title) used to expand their logs to reflect hours not flown, in planes they were not qualified to fly. In an effort to make them more desireable to airlines, et cet.So, the old joke was, when inspecting a log book, "How much of that time is P51 time?"Doc Bryant

Very droll. And most likely true.I have had the same thing happen that Dave describes, but just never worried about it. A small bug.Surprising how much easier it is to rack up the hours in a game than in real life.Best regards.Luis

>Surprising how much easier it is to rack up the hours in a >game than in real life. >Luis ? GAME ?? GAME you say ?? How dare you, sir !Initially I used the logbook sparingly, and then a little more frequently the few months before I started flight instruction (Nov 2001). Ever since, I've usually had something specific to try before I fly, or do over what I did for real, and have just got in the habit of logging it all. I probably have 150+ for all my sim's combined, not including what I've logged. Even after one gets the license I can see where simming can get more time than real, just as you say, Luis.But, since Nov 2001 I've sim'd about 50 hrs compared to almost 60 for real. I finally have all the requirements done - flew an hour of solo TO/landings (needed just 1 hr of plain solo) before work today. It's been slow coming, but the last 8 months I've been short on money and good weather. That's okay - this way all the info has had more time to sink in. Also, when doing the dual flying and initial training, there was more emphasis in being aloft more frequently, therefore scheduling more often. Flying solo means I'm a little more lazy in scheduling a plane.All that's left is a couple of hours dual to review, the written (don't see a problem there), and then THE ride.Doc, I'll see if I can find anyone who recognizes the P51 remark - quaint little anecdote !Dave H.Fayetteville, GA