Sign in to follow this  
Jerry_K_Thorne

Roll Call Please! Lurkers check in too!

I have heard from some folks who said they were lurking here and found my RV-9 web pages. It would be nice to see who is really visiting here, just for once.So, regulars and lurkers alike, please post a reply below and be counted. Then you can disappear again, back to whatever mode you prefer. I have a day off today except for one incoming phone call, so I plan to do some more riveting on the leading edge of the right wing.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

HERE!I'm always here... just a quiet sort.Your RV-9 project continues to fascinate me, of course. I'm following it closely.[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]"Don't stall on me, I have to soar!"~Richard Harvey, 1/21/2003

I think I may speak for many by saying your project is keeping us all riveted on the edge of our own personal wings, Jerry.Dave H.Fayetteville, GA

Present.BTW, how can a lurker check in and still maintain lurker status? Something to do with the Uncertainty Principle I guess. Dan (lurker and occasional participant)

Looks like the first day finds the usual family members. Now if the count matches the postings, then the lurkers have not yet chimed in. However...Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

Since there are now 11 postings in this thread and over 26 views, does that mean that lurkers make up the difference, or is that a repeat view by the posters to see what the others have done?Scott, glad to see the forum up again this morning. The Script error message last night was disconcerting. Having this "forum family" as close as a mouse click is something I have come to appreciate.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

Yeah, it decided to kick all four legs in the air after I left for work and I didn't get the news through email until about 2 this morning. I knew when I first breezed through the forums and saw how devoid they were of posts, I knew something not good had happened. Oh well, keeps the regulars on their toes. :-)

Guilty to both lurking and finding your web pages I'm afraid.As a matter of fact, this is the very first Avsim Forum I visit, and mostly each day ("at least" says wife in the background)Enjoying the atmosphere and use of language(s) - thanks :-)Please continue keeping us up to date regarding the RV-9, it's much appreciated !Kind RegardsTommy PerssonFlying out of ESMH (South Sweden)ps/being owner of the PP99 only and not using it any longer, how could I dare to more than just lurking here among the Pro's? :-)

> being owner of the PP99 only and not using it any longer, how could I dare to more than just lurking here among the Pro's? That's exactly the situation I'm in, and they haven't kicked me out (yet).Dan

The Cap'n is present in the aformentioned mode and Big Red is still in the flyable mode.Cheers and Beers.

Jim,I was hoping you would finally put something up, if not your name. Even though my picture is on that latest mailer you just got from QRF, I am no longer working for the company. I created that flyer, then about the time it went in the mail, I got my pink slip. There is a new job possibility that I hope will be confirmed early next week.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

We were wondering where you were a week or so ago and got not a word from you at that time. Lindy has also been quiet lately. Now, where is the Porkmeister???To all of you who are enjoying the airplane project, I shall try to keep the web pages current for you. It is raining this week and I have some time to put into it until Saturday night. After that, I have to go out of town to secure a new job. From what I am told, I will still be working from my house here in the Chattanooga area.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

Ed hasn't been as scarce on AVSIM as you may think, Jerry. He's been helping out a handful of Flight Unlimited forum members create (some time ago, originally) and now recreate "Big Red" for Flight Unlimited 3. It's a current project, with some screenshots of the aircraft as it develops available in the forum.Though FU3 was originally designed as an unexpandable sim, the users here at AVSIM have overcome that quite significantly. Many aircraft have been added, such as a 747, DC3, Grumman Goose, Piper J3 Cub, Sukhoi HvR, Pitts S-1, Piper Archer, and others. An inspection of the AVSIM library will show the extent of the collection. Due to the limited poly count of FU3 aircraft, these don't look like MSFS2002 aircraft, but they look darn good in my opinion. Even the panels have been greatly improved. One of the forum members got permission from DreamFleet to use their Cessna panel for FU3's Cessna. It looks nothing like the original FU3 panel, appearing far more realistic.And though FU3 was just the Seattle area only, with the San Francisco area available if you had the FU2 CDs, even that has changed. Forum member Quaxo (Cristian Arezzini of Italy) has developed most of southern England, with excellent detail. No, you can't fly from Seattle to London in your J3 Cub, but who'd really want to? ;-)Though I don't do much flightsimming these days (I'm mainly a Racing Fool), my favorite flightsim remains Flight Unlimited 3. Hmm, I think I just got myself in trouble both here in ProPilot and in AVSIM in general. :-lol[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]"Don't stall on me, I have to soar!"~Richard Harvey, 1/21/2003

Yep Bobby is correct, I've been supplying pictures of Big Red for use in Flight Unlimited even thought I don't have that sim on my machine and don't plan on doing so. Just helping out some fellow simmers. :-)Ta Ta,Cap'n Tall

Robert,I hope you didn't misconstrue my saying that I wasn't planning on putting FU on my computer. I have nothing against that sim infact I have never tried it. The reason I said that is that I don't have room on my lowly machine for a lot of sims/games. I also don't have FLY or Combat Flight Sim. I still use PP99 to practice Instrument approaches before flying an instrument check ride in Big Red. I feel the Baron in PP flies the most like the real thing.I do also have FS2002 because every once in a while I like to recreatesome of the flights that I flew with the airline including programing and using the flight management system.Regards,Cap'n Tall

Ed,No, I surely didn't take your comment about FU3 as a slur toward it. Heck, it's hardly even available anymore, sad to say.I was going to come back at you with something to the tune of "But Ed, how can you resist flying Big Red on your computer?" Then I realized that with the real aircraft available to you, the one on the monitor might be somewhat unnecessary. :-)The one fine point of FU3 is the ground detail. I think the ratio is something like 3 meters per pixel, so you can find things on the ground that you'll never find in any of the other flightsims. Quite fun if you live in Seattle or San Francisco, but don't go looking for the London Bridge. ;-)[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]"Don't stall on me, I have to soar!"~Richard Harvey, 1/21/2003

Robert,Are you being funny or what? London Bridge? You know it is now in Ed's hometown - Lake Havasu, AZ - not in the UK.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

Well, kinda for fun. (I did wink!) The point was that it's one of the many things not in Flight Unlimited 3. Essentially "don't buy FU3 to fly over Lake Havasu, 'cause it ain't there."Sure, Jerry, I know where the bridge is, I've boated beneath it, driven over it, and stood upon it. I used to vacation out there yearly. But in one small way, it is "in" the UK. The London Bridge Village, which supports one end of the bridge, is in some obscure way considered part of London. This is some legal deal, not just Disney-speak. At least I think this is true; read about it many many years ago, back when they first opened it all up.That bridge is probably still wondering where all that heat came from. :-)[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]"Don't stall on me, I have to soar!"~Richard Harvey, 1/21/2003

Sign in to follow this