Sign in to follow this  
Jerry_K_Thorne

Wing leading edges completed.

Guys,I have finished the table top work on the wing leading edges and installed the landing light kits. Next up is the fuel tank work.I have updated page 8 with three new pictures. You can check it out here:http://home.earthlink.net/~n2prise/rv9a008.htmIt looks like I will get a chance to work outside a bit tomorrow to clean the fuel tank skin and ribs before assembly.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Good work, Jerry. I know it will be something to see those wings whole when you get done.

A good friend of mine sent me a couple of my aerial photos from my December 29th flight that are part of my personal web pages. I took the hint and reworked all of those hazy aerial photos and reposted them to the server. You can all check them out at the link below. I was amazed at the results. http://home.earthlink.net/~n2prise/f021229a.htmAs for yesterday's weather, I decided not work with the cleaning project, but instead remembered that I needed to scuff up the edges of the fuel tank ribs and end plates. I also primed the two end pieces that secure the front of the fuel tanks to the fuselage. No pix of these, so don't go looking. I also had another RV builder over for a short visit. He just received his RV-8 wing kit and was looking for ideas and shortcuts.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

This time it is to South Florida on a job hunt. If all goes well, it will be to finalize the deal and begin product familiarization with a new company. I will log on from on the road and update you all.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

Jerry, good luck on your meeting tomorrow. Hope all goes well and you are able to get what you want out of the deal.