Sign in to follow this  
Doc Bryant

Short Final for March 3, 2003

From Avweb......A pilot was sitting in his seat and pulled out a .38 revolver. He placed it on top of the instrument panel, then asked the navigator, "Do you know what I use this for?" The nav replied timidly, "No, what's it for?" The pilot responded, "I use this on navigators who get me lost!" The navigator proceeded to pull out a .45 and place it on his chart table. The pilot asked, "What's that for?" "To be honest sir," the nav replied, "I'll know we're lost before you will." Doc Bryant

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I thought that the humorous part was the announcement that Hooters Air has started flying!Best regards.Luis

Brother Luis:I want to see the Pre Takeoff Briefing. In more ways than one. And I would love to see them demonstrate putting on a Mae West.Doc Bryant

I saw one of the Hooters Air Billboards when I was passing through Atlanta yesterday between downtown and the airport exit from I-75/I-85. The girl on the sign was wearing the usual restaurant uniform.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

...wearing the usual restaurant uniform. mmMMmmmm! Yes! I'll have more of them chick-n-wings.I can imagine the male business flyer going out of his way to book a flight with them.Seems it would be hard to deal with having one of the girlz leaning over to serve drinks to you, with the wife and kids there too."It's those hot chicken wings making me sweat, Honey!"I hate having to wear my blinders in public! http://myweb.cableone.net/joesumralliii/hook5.gif

Joe,Think BUSINESS trips. You know that kind of BUSINESS trips.Not the take me along Honey I want to go shopping business trip.Doc Bryant

The billboard advertised only two destinations and one of those was Newark, NJ.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

Jerry:It would take more than Hooters to get me to Newark.Perhaps a gun.....Doc Bryant

Doc, I always liked using this expression when there is something I really don't want to do...like going to a Mardi Gras parade.Not only will you have to hold a gun on me, you might just have to shoot me a little bit and help me decide which would be worse.http://myweb.cableone.net/joesumralliii/hook5.gif

That was my point. Who wants to go to Newark...only those who are too cheap to fly into LaGuardia or JFK.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

Nay, Jerry, not so. LaGuardia is the busiest airport in New York. A flight there is a guarantee of long delays.And, sometimes there is just no choice. I prefer to fly American (JFK) because of the increased leg room, but all too often, they are full. So it is Continental to Newark.Pretty nice, in spite of everything. No crowds at all, and easier to get into the city than from the other airports.And I am not saying this just because I grew up in New Jersey. Or maybe I am.Now that Hooters is flying there, we have even more reason to choose Newark as a destination. Just don't pick a hotel in Weehawken!Best regards.Luis

Good call on avoiding Weehawken. On the other hand, it's right next Hohokus, one of the best names in the country.Ted

Sign in to follow this