Sign in to follow this  
Doc Bryant

Short Final for 31 March

From Avweb, the On Line Compendium of Things Aviation related....Frustrated Controller at LaGuardia on a busy day: "Skyhawk 735 do a one minute 360 for spacing on the final". Veteran, cool, knowledgeable pilot "A standard rate-turn 360 degrees takes two minutes" Controller: "Do a 180 and back 'er in". Doc Bryant

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

A Skyhawk at LaGuardia? Allow me to doubt. Even on a non-busy day, whatever that is supposed to mean at LaGuardia, where there are only very busy days.Last time I was there, I was driving away on the Whitestone Bridge and saw them coming in on short final on 5 minute separation. Non-stop. Very impressive, and no Cessnas in there.Best regards.Luis

On more than one of my many commutes via ATL in the past year, I have noticed a Cessna 172 parked in the transient area of general aviation at Atlanta's Hartsfield airport. I even flew out of Chicago O'Hare once in a Belanca Viking.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

Brother Luiz:SkyHawk could be a nom de plume for some airline callsign as well.Like one of those commuter airlines with the bird on the tail....Doc Bryant

I get it, maybe American Eagle is called "Sky Hawk".So then, what do they call Hooters Air?Best regards.LuisOr, maybe it was just an April Fool's joke!

Brother Luis.....I know not what they call Hooters Air, but consider if they flew Martin 4-0-4's or Convair 340's and reported in to the A & P's with some engine difficulties..."Hooters Flight 38 just blew a jug...."Doc Bryant

I'm thinking if the "pair" that Hooters is flying lasts for at least a year, there ought to be a large enough supply of jokes to span that year. :-)

Well, Scott, it's hard to believe that there is only one pair. They must have more than one stewardess.Best regards.LuisThis is almost as good as the pipi jokes.

Brother Luis:From what I understand, Hooters Air will fly with the FAA mandated flight attendant crew, plus a "Hooter's Girl" from one of the dining establishments.These jokes are pretty good. Ya just can't knock'em.Doc Bryant