Sign in to follow this  
Dondo

PP99 is Glide only?

Hello everyone. While I'm not a regular Pro Pilot guy, I do know where my GA simming got serious, and that was with Pro Pilot USA (and FU2, but anyway). I still own Pro Pilot 99, but, well, to be honest, I spend most of my simming time with FS2k2, Fly!II, Microflight and FU3. I check this forum a couple times a week in the hopes of seeing some screen shots, which might help in me re-installing PP99. Recently, I built a frakenputer out of some older parts. I managed to scape together a Duron 850, 128 meg of ram and pulled out my tried and true VooDoo5. I need some help remembering, is PP99 Glide only, or does it support DX? If it supports DX, I might just install it on my main PC instead of the VooDoo PC.Thanks everyone, and lets posts some screen caps, shall we?Dondo

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Dondo,PP99 is Glide only, so your V5 oughta do a nice job with the 3D.I wish I had a rig that would still run PP in 3D. I kinda miss it..Den

I know for sure you can run Pro Pilot 99, Fs2k and Fly on the same computer, using whatever the latest DX is.

But if you don't have a Voodoo or Banshee video card, you miss the 3DfX video effects - puffy clouds, solar lens flare effects, haze on approach, etc.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.

Hey Dondo.........I have loaded PP several times. While it is very good, and I teethed on it also, it just cannot do what FS2002 does.Pooter:-wave

>While it is very good, and I teethed on it also, it just cannot do what FS2002 does.Such as not running as slow as molasses on a 200 mHz machine ? He-he.If the truth be known, I also have Fly!2K in addition to PP99 for when I get a faster PC, and would like to try out FS2002 also. But except for those two sims, I just don't have the need for anything faster - well, maybe the photo-editing apps could work a little faster, but it's very tolerable. I've given it 256 MB mem and a 6 and 40 GB HD (for all those pictures), and several USB ports with Win 98SE. It couldn't be any happier.Now if I could just get PP99 to not slow the plane down so much when I use the rudder on approaches, "I" would be a little happier.Clear skies.Dave H.Fayetteville, GA